Windows 7 forum

General discussion

quickbooks windows 7

by buffalorich55 / November 6, 2009 2:37 AM PST

installed quick books pro 2009 and does not work with windows 7, even tech support says they can't do anything ,it up to microsoft and you can't take it back for a refund, what happens you install it and when you restart your computer it gets stuck on the welcome screen ,so i had to go to safe mode and uninstall it in order to get back to my welcome screen to get back to my desk top.i don't no what else to do, or is there a way to bypass the welcome screen on windows it ask for a password.
richard

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: quickbooks windows 7
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: quickbooks windows 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
quick books pro 2009 windows 7
by buffalorich55 / November 6, 2009 5:30 AM PST
In reply to: compatible

i did that 3 times already installed and had to unistalled (in safe mode)still the same.i guess windows 7 is not supporting it for some reason at this time

Collapse -
Quickbooks and Windows 7
by nimporte / August 10, 2010 5:46 AM PDT

Having been CEO of software development firms, without hesitation I can say the reason any version other than QuickBooks 2010 is not compatible with Windows 7. A decision was made by Intuit (in Intuit speak, Policy) that in order to increase sales, Windows 7 was evaluated by the developers and when problems were found, the decision was made that rather than correct the issues, Intuit would force users to upgrade. This is solely a way to increase sales thus generating revenue, and nothing more. In reality, any and all compatibility problems can and should be resolved. A software development company that is customer driven as opposed to those purely revenue driven would test and correct operating system conflicts. I can assure you that a customer satisfaction driven company is also able to generate additional revenues without the backdoor approach of "forcing" a customer to upgrade at an inconvenient time of the fiscal year. A satisfied customer will upgrade and revenues will increase.

Accounting is critical to the operation of all businesses, and doing a software upgrade at any time other than the end of a fiscal year is not a sound business decision. In addition, QuickBook?s software is notorious for bugs in the first year of release. My companies will not upgrade QuickBooks until the software has been in production for one year, meaning we will always be running one version behind the current version. I have obtained a copy of the ?Software Bug Report for QuickBooks Pro 2010? dated 8/10/2010, and can assure you there are numerous problems that have yet to be addressed.

As one of my companies has addressed this compatibility problem we have found Intuit to be the only company not willing to assist a customer that is put into a bind due to operating system upgrades. Accounting is critical on a daily basis, and surprises cannot be tolerated.

Collapse -
problem with quick books windows 7 start up
by buffalorich55 / November 20, 2009 10:48 AM PST
In reply to: compatible

i see its Compatible, but the thing is my computer will not start up it stays on the welcome screen and that tihng? that goes around with the pointer that all it does, can't go to my desk top.it gets stuck on the welcome screen,can't even put in my password.
thank you
rich

Collapse -
Linux just works and if not well you wasted just DL time
by GODhack / November 6, 2009 4:00 AM PST
In reply to: quickbooks windows 7

ubuntu.com

Collapse -
I have a fix for the windows 7 problem with QB
by merri09 / November 7, 2009 9:46 AM PST

I had the same problem with windows 7 and one of my computers was also 64 bit, the other 32
this solution from Reckon support works for both systems so just follow the link and follow the vista steps - it worked on both computers! it must be something to do with the internal pdf writer in QB - I am running QB premier 09/10.

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Pages/KnowledgeBaseArticle/1007856

Hope this works for you
Merri

Collapse -
I forgot something
by merri09 / November 7, 2009 9:49 AM PST

I restored my system to a previous restore point which was just before I installed QB the first time. I then reinstalled QB and went straight to printers in the control panel.

Collapse -
quick books pro 2009 windows 7
by buffalorich55 / November 7, 2009 11:36 AM PST
In reply to: I forgot something

thank you, for the info,i will try that and see what happens,the problem is when i install QB and then i shut down the system and when i start it back up it stays at the welcome page i can't get to the desk top to do any thing, so i hold the off buttton and restart in safe mode then i go to restore ,to when i installed QB then after i do the restore i have no problem to get back to my desk top i have windows 7 and it ask for a password on start up (the password box does not show up on start up when QB is installed only after i uninstall it)
rich

Collapse -
Troubleshooting
by TaraS_WinTeam / November 20, 2009 8:25 AM PST

Some issues that were pointed out in the thread could be if you are running Windows 7 64-bit and your software is compatible with 32-bit, you may want to consider trying to reingstall the software at the lower bit. Also, if you are running Ultimate, Premium or Enterprise you can run Windows in XP mode, which may help you run the software: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/windows-xp-mode.

You should ultimately be able to run the software on your Windows 7, it is compatible.

Cheers,
Tara

Collapse -
Which support did you contact?
by RonS [WINDOWS-TEAM] / November 22, 2009 7:24 AM PST

Are you talking about your computer manufacturer or Microsoft? If this seems to be an OS problem and you indeed do have a genuine copy of Windows 7, you should be able to get on the phone with Windows Support and work toward a fix - http://support.microsoft.com/ph/14019

I hope this gets you on the right track.

Cheers,
Ron

Collapse -
Its really a compatability problem with QuickBooks
by merri09 / November 22, 2009 9:39 AM PST

I have 2 new computers running windows 7, one 64 bit and one 32 bit. With the 64 bit computer the QB 09-10 problem was solved as I mentioned above. WIth the 32 system I had to do a clean uninstall of QB which is covered by QB in FAQ Q12145 and followed the Vista instructions - I then reinstalled QB and it worked no problems.

Collapse -
quickbooks windows 7
by buffalorich55 / November 22, 2009 11:23 AM PST

it is a 32 bit ,i'll try again and see what happens.every program works but that one quick books,have a hp computer i installed it my self (7) got it at office depot so it has to real,i'll just take it in to have it done and see what they say.thanks for your help

Collapse -
Try this fix
by Rotherboy / November 26, 2009 11:04 PM PST

I had the same problem with the UK version of Quicken 2004.
Quicken would not run on XP and I thought there was no way it would run on Windows 7.
But it now runs with no problems on both systems, so it is worth a try for Quickbooks.
Follow this link:
http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=10534397&sort=whole

Collapse -
Windows 7 Forum and welcome page windows 7
by buffalorich55 / November 26, 2009 11:57 PM PST
In reply to: Try this fix

thanks for the info , i will try that one ,i gave up for now was gonna take it in but they want 75.00 just to look at it, i'll keep trying,,, thanks again
does anyone no how to bypass the welcome page on windows 7 so we don't need to use a password
rich

Collapse -
Hint.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 27, 2009 12:03 AM PST

Use no password. Leave it blank.

Collapse -
Windows 7 Forum and welcome page windows 7
by buffalorich55 / November 27, 2009 6:28 AM PST
In reply to: Hint.

hi
tryed that and would not let me in, keep saying wrong password, when i downloaded the sofeware it asked for a u/n and password.

Collapse -
Update.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 10, 2010 5:57 AM PDT

I tried this on a new machine and it works fine. HOWEVER I was trying this on the WELCOME PAGE and that's fine.

Your reply however mentions a download software and not the welcome page. Next time, try to be clearer on the question.
Bob

PS. Yes, months have passed but your post came up so I thought I'd update my findings.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.