Phones

General discussion

question about verizon blackberry pearl 8130

by renamed / November 19, 2007 3:06 AM PST

Hey, does anyone know if the new verizon blackberry pearl 8130 has wi-fi or not?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: question about verizon blackberry pearl 8130
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: question about verizon blackberry pearl 8130
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just went through Verizon's web site...
by jgvillan / November 19, 2007 5:23 AM PST

Doesn't look like Wi-Fi is part of the 8130's specs. BB Pearls aren't known to have Wi-Fi anyways, so chances are that this one will not have Wi-Fi.

The only BB phones that I know that actually have Wi-Fi is the T-Mobile BB Curve, and that is so that the Curve can take advantage of T-Mo's HotSpot@Home service.

Collapse -
live in ny? verizon rexeption outside city stinks
by wend520 / December 4, 2007 3:13 PM PST

I had the blackberry pearl through t mobile. it had software issues and needed to be rebooted all the time. 2007 has not been my year with cell phones I had a sanyo from sprint that was the best. wouldn't charge anymore and no one wants to fix it at sprint cause they want to sell a new one. at the time I didn't like any of their selections. I've paid thought the nose for that mistake. the blackberry is great if it works and you don't have a bad carpel tunnel thumb or arthritis in your thumb.
small is not always better. no wi fi verizon stinks

Collapse -
No wi-fi for Verizon BB 8130
by aaydogan / November 20, 2007 12:00 AM PST

I have one and there is no wi-fi. It works quite well though. I've been using it in China and Hong Kong and email, web and phone service are just fine.

Collapse -
Would i be able to...
by renamed / November 20, 2007 7:29 AM PST

Would I be able to activate the blackberry 8130 on my existing verizon account if I bought the phone at retail price? Can I switch it with my current phone?

Collapse -
Yes..
by marisphen / November 20, 2007 9:52 PM PST
In reply to: Would i be able to...

Yes you can. Just go in and tell them you want to purchase it at full retail and they will activate it for you. It will not extend your contract.

Collapse -
Data plan for blackberry pearl
by Evan87 / December 4, 2007 9:26 AM PST
In reply to: Yes..

Do u have to have a data plan with the BB? can it be used as a normal cell phone i have verizon

Collapse -
this is news to me
by wend520 / December 4, 2007 3:18 PM PST

what do you do with the sim card?

Collapse -
not if it has a sim caed
by wend520 / December 4, 2007 3:17 PM PST
In reply to: Yes..

not if you use a sim card no way not with verizon backward service

Collapse -
no they don't use a sim card on that phone
by wend520 / December 4, 2007 3:15 PM PST
In reply to: Would i be able to...

did you get yours at t mobile? stay with them if you did.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.