Samsung forum

Question

Query on network setup in Samsung 46" D5500 LED Smart TV

by rajabarari / June 28, 2011 9:23 PM PDT

I was trying to do a wired network setup in my TV using a BSNL broadband modem. I connected the lan cable from tv to model. Then i stated to to do the network setup but it ended up with the following message and i couldn't connect to internet.

mac address - e4:e0:c5:d4:cb:72
ip address - 192.168.1.2
subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
gateway - 192.168.1.1
DNS server - 192.168.1.1

Local connection completed, but cannot connect to the Internet.
Check the DNS setting from Network setting and contact your Internet service provider to use Internet service.

Samsung Service is yet to resolve this issue. Can anybody help me on this issue.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Query on network setup in Samsung 46" D5500 LED Smart TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Query on network setup in Samsung 46" D5500 LED Smart TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Not a Samsung issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 29, 2011 2:22 AM PDT

Samsung among other TV makers does not configure your home network. We have the post in the CNET Networking forum for Samsung with ideas on what to try next. But I'm left to wonder if you didn't use DHCP (auto assignment) and manually put in those IP numbers.

Also, any firewall in the router may create issues. Routers didn't have a firewall until recently and it serves little purpose except for a long discussion about what it is, what it does and why we turn it off most of the time.

Sorry but I see no entry from Samsung to service home networks today. Try the usual cures.
Bob

Collapse -
TV PCB issue
by rajabarari / June 29, 2011 4:28 PM PDT
In reply to: Not a Samsung issue.

Samsung support staff visited my site again and they are saying it is a PCB issue. Also they were unable to upgrade software using pen drive. I'm surprised to hear that in a brand new led tv (only 2 weeks). Hope they replace the tv soon.

Collapse -
That's a good find.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 30, 2011 12:05 AM PDT
In reply to: TV PCB issue

Actually I'm not surprised. If you research BATHTUB CURVE the failure curve is well known.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Resolved question Query on network setup in Samsung 46" D55
by oldsubman / July 8, 2011 12:31 PM PDT

One thing wrong is the DNS address is the same as your gateway. It should be an address outside your network. Look at what your router or modem is using and enter that address

Collapse -
problems
by tusharbhavsar1 / September 2, 2011 2:11 PM PDT

I have the same problem but it is taking automatically the same gateway and DNS address so what address should i enter in DNS address?

Collapse -
Some routers do that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 3, 2011 12:52 AM PDT
In reply to: problems

I don't see the router make, model but in some routers the router proxies the DNS and you see that.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
same issue
by kumarmahankali / October 6, 2014 6:07 PM PDT

I have the exact same issue with BSNL broadband. It was working fine for last 1 year. all of a sudden it stopped working. Samsung staff visited today and gave the same reason (could be a pcb issue)that he tried with his mobile as well and couldnt connect. I tried with my mobile and its working fine so I dont think its a PCB issue. I tried various dns settings. It connects to my other devices western digital cloud storage and can ping from laptop to the tv. But it is not getting to internet. I ran out of all clues.

anybody solved this issue?

Collapse -
Yes.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 7, 2014 12:59 AM PDT
In reply to: same issue

Look up and you find a bad board was replaced. For me I've run into numerous network issues so the constant here is there is rarely the same issue. One time it's the network, the next it's distance and so on.

I see Samsung visited and diagnosed it but you disagreed. How about forgetting the Smart TV bit and putting in a Roku or such?
Bob

PS. This thread is more than 1196 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and replying to it will serve no purpose. However, if you feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.