Office & Productivity Software

Question

QR code Software?

by BeRusAr / May 9, 2013 2:46 AM PDT

Hello, I've been across the net searching and even testing a couple products but nothings done what I expect of it, I'm stumped...

I am a designer for a health care company. I have a few questions about what sorts of QR code software is available out there? At this point I'd take software available on a Microsoft or Apple based machines.

We're in need some sort of QR code software that has the ability to import a contact list from an excel spreadsheet, one thats been set up to be compatible with a mecard output style. Possibly even outlook would work. Really anything where it has a large amount of already set piece of information that can be imported and can spit out separate QR codes per each specified item. Preferably also with the ability to save the codes in PDF or EPS formats that are vector based.

We have a large campaign and need over 500 different contacts to each have their own specialized QR code with their special contact information (mecard) embedded within these codes, then have the ability to export it and place it on each individuals collateral.

If anyone knows of any software that would would able to accomplish these tasks I would truly appreciate the information. Price truly isn't a factor as if it's a fully realized piece of software we would be able to purchase the license.

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Enjoy.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: QR code Software?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: QR code Software?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Excel can save in numerous formats
by wpgwpg / May 9, 2013 3:13 AM PDT
In reply to: QR code Software?

Since you can save Excel in PDF, CSV, and numerous other formats, have you considered one of these?

Collapse -
Answer
Keep in mind, this is just a report.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 9, 2013 3:25 AM PDT
In reply to: QR code Software?

Just like any report we've done before, this is just a report. I'm sure you've output barcodes so for this one we just take the input and run it through our text to QR code convertor which does your PDF or other output.

I'm guessing you want something shrink wrap but here I just pull up Visual Studio and create an app for that.

Did I guess right?
Bob

Collapse -
Follow Up.
by BeRusAr / May 9, 2013 4:21 AM PDT

I'm not sure that I clearly understand your answer.

Basically yes I'd like run a reprot and have each contact spit out an appropriate qr code corresponding to his information.

Simply I've got a list of 500 plus contacts. Each having his own name, phone number, email, address, etc.

I'm looking for a more simplified way to create a specialized QR code for each one of them separately. No I dont want to do this copy paste by hand into a generator.

I'd be happy to rewrite the info into a format thats able to be read correctly and then converted into separate QR codes (MeCard) mobile contact cards per each individual.

The ability to export the codes into a vectors after all that's done would also be ideal.

Hopefully that helps my explanation.

Collapse -
Yes it explains it very well.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 9, 2013 4:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Follow Up.

Any current consultant/programmer/company should be able to create this app. Your spec is a little loose but it can be done.

Figure a few weeks to whip it up. You wrote as if you are a systems analyst or designer so your reply seems to be that of some other positions like a manager, not a database person.
Bob

Collapse -
by BeRusAr / May 9, 2013 7:22 AM PDT

well i guess thats a compliment as I'm a managing designer. Not a systems analist but strick design, print, web and so on. I'm not to eager to have a company whip up something for me. I truly was just wondering if there was software out there that can already do the tasks I have in mind for our collateral pieces.

Collapse -
The pieces are there.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 9, 2013 8:05 AM PDT
In reply to: ..

But not as a complete app. In many of my apps I take some data in, filter and format it, then put it through other apps and then, well, that's the integration I do for my clients. They don't have to deal with all the moving parts.

There's a lot of nice parts but some assembly is required.

It's still something we craft as we need such for out business. However you can't imagine the horrors I see that companies put their employees though because they won't let the process be turned into an "app."
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.