I had the same problem with Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. Here's what allowed me to run the program even though it wouldn't work in Vista. I ran it in XP SP2. Here's how I did it in Vista:
1. Click Start Menu
2. Click All Programs
3. Right click on the application you're trying to run
4. Select Properties
5. Click on the Compatibility tab
6. Check the checkbox next to "Run in compability mode for:"
7. Select XP SP 2 from the dropdown
8. Click "Apply"
9. Click "OK"
10. Then open up the application as you normally would.
Those steps worked for me. I hope that helps.
I have windows vista home premium and just recently Ive been having trouble with a couple of programs not running correctly.
The main one is Paint Shop Pro 8, it had been working fine and all of a sudden I cant get it to work.
I can open it and open a pic to edit and as soon as I try to do anything further it says "Program has stopped working" and it has to close down. This will happen over and over.
Im trying to figure out what causes this, how to fix it, and how to prevent it........hopefully
Also does anyone know where I can get Microsoft Publisher 2007 for a good price?