Samsung forum

Question

Program bug on Netflix app on Samsung SmartTv?

by orgen16 / December 28, 2012 1:18 PM PST

When playing any movie, it will popup message like "We're having trouble playing this right now. Please try it later or choose a different title." but you can see the progress bar is finishing the loading at the background. I guess the program time out of checking loading time is faster than the actual time of load. I already rebooted the netflix and reenter my credentials and it still has the error. Ofcourse I check my internet and it is working as always. I also run other apps on that same tv like Pandora and other apps wth internet connection and they were all running well. Im pretty sure it has something to do with the timing inside the program code. Please help.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Program bug on Netflix app on Samsung SmartTv?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Program bug on Netflix app on Samsung SmartTv?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Program bug on Netflix app on Samsung SmartTv?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 31, 2012 1:22 AM PST

Hi orgen16,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having. You said you re-booted Netflix; does that mean that you deactivated and reactivated Netflix?

HD Tech

Collapse -
sorry if you misunderstood...
by orgen16 / January 10, 2013 12:30 PM PST

yes. if i didn't reboot the netflix i dont think i will be inputting again my netflix credentials, right?

Collapse -
Re: didn't misunderstand, just wanted to clarify
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 11, 2013 4:19 AM PST

Hi orgen16,

So basically, Netflix is starting to load a video and then times out as far as you can tell, correct?

Any chance you could get me the complete model code for this TV?

HD Tech

Collapse -
UN55ES6100F
by orgen16 / January 26, 2013 4:12 AM PST

thats correct, the model number is UN55ES6100F.

i dont think you guys can help me on this, this is a problem in netflix app itself.

Collapse -
Re: UN55ES6100F
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 28, 2013 6:23 AM PST
In reply to: UN55ES6100F

Hi orgen16,

I'll agree that it may be the app, but I'd like to exclude some kind of network problem. So if you'd like, please get me this info:

Connection Speed to ISP: ???
Network environment: Wired/Wireless (Home/Office/Public)
Router model: ???
For Wireless
Distance to Wireless Router: ???
Channel Broadcasting: ???

MAC address: ???
IP address: ???
Gateway: ???
DNS server: ???

How to find firmware version: http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=406101&modelname= &modelcode=

How to find out the Smart Hub version: http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=409288&modelname= &modelcode=

HD Tech

Collapse -
Re: UN55ES6100F
by orgen16 / November 25, 2013 2:18 PM PST
In reply to: Re: UN55ES6100F

Connection Speed: using speedtest.net and my cellphone or pc 15-25mbps download and upload
Network environment: Wired/Home, for my tv
Router model: xfinity arris tg862
For Wireless
Distance to Wireless Router: ???
Channel Broadcasting: ???

MAC address: ???
IP address: 10.0.0.28
Gateway: 10.0.0.1
DNS server: ???

i did not use netflix on my smart tv again.

Collapse -
Answer
Having the exact same frustrating problem !
by Travelguy65 / January 15, 2013 6:33 AM PST

Yes I have the exact same problem and I have reloaded Netflix many times. It is NOT Netflix as my other wireless Netgear router has NO problems playing Netflix programs on the TV. My Samsung is 51" Plasma series 5+

Collapse -
Same message?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 15, 2013 6:41 AM PST

" message like "We're having trouble playing this right now. Please try it later or choose a different title.""

Since Netflix writes this app, and has issued the message your next call is Netflix.
Bob

Collapse -
thats what i said in my original message...
by orgen16 / January 26, 2013 3:58 AM PST
In reply to: Same message?

i know the problem is in netflix app, thsts what i said...and netflix is not doing any fix on their app. i know it has something to do with the time they put on their app coding and its irritating.

Collapse -
The last hurrah.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2013 6:05 AM PST

While I'm seeing reports of Smart Hub issues today, if the Samsung servers are up, the last hurrah is to remove the netflix app (this is true for most app issues) then go get it again. Sometimes you see that an app won't update but if you toss it out it seems to get over it.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Finally, I found how to solve it. :-)
by emaurojas125 / June 15, 2013 4:49 PM PDT

Finally, I found how to solve it.

1) Enter in smart option
2) Press the "d" button (blue button)
3) Select the option to reset the applications menu
4) Wait while applications are reloaded
5) Enter in a full functional Netflix (you will need to login into you account one more time)

I hope this help everyone with this same issue.
Regards,
Emmanuel

Collapse -
smart option?
by angela4148 / August 5, 2013 4:18 AM PDT

What exactly is entering in smart option?

Collapse -
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
by jennipini / October 17, 2013 12:11 PM PDT

It worked!

Collapse -
Same issue!!
by Claireythefairy / January 3, 2014 7:52 AM PST

I am having the same issue and don't understand your fix. Can you help? It's driving me crazy!!'

Collapse -
Smart option?
by bernadettb / January 5, 2014 6:46 AM PST

How do you enter the "Smart option" ? I can't figure out how to do it.

Collapse -
Answer
Same problem
by jkligora / March 29, 2014 8:10 AM PDT

32" 5300 tv. Tv cycled on and off by itself. Downloaded and usb updated tv to 2001.3 firmware which I believe fixed my problem however, when I did that the Netflix app stopped working just as you described it. Found a fix for that but it's not the best. Go in and change the country code to UK and it will reload the appropriate apps including Netflix. It has worked every time since then. The issue I have with that is you lose some of the apps from the US. Pandora being the bigger one for me but Netflix's works every time. To change the country code:

open Smart Hub
Press Fast Forward 2 8 9 rewind
select the country code

Again, Smart hub will update all of your apps for those available in that country but Netflix will work fine.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.