Samsung

General discussion

Problems with Samsung 8000 LEd

by sharpie18 / October 28, 2009 1:29 AM PDT

I recently purchased the Samsung LEd and the picture looks great, but I hooked up my nitendo Wii yesterday and it is black and white with fuzzy lines running everywhere. I then tried to hook up DVD player and clarity of the picture looks great, but the color is pretty much in black and white. Has anyone else experienced these problems or is it a problem with my television.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problems with Samsung 8000 LEd
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problems with Samsung 8000 LEd
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Possoble input mismatch
by dimon73 / October 28, 2009 7:00 AM PDT

Did you connect you component cable correctly?
You can get B/W picture if you mismatch PbPr inputs.

Collapse -
Jack miss-match
by ALANGOULD / January 9, 2010 7:49 AM PST

The problem you are having is that the way in which Samsung assigns the color jacks; it is non-standard. You probably saw the Yellow/Green, Red and White/Blue jacks together and plugged them into those connections. And, you probably went to your TV and set to the input to COMPONENT. This is way 100% of everything I ever used has been. But not this TV. Here is the solution:

The video input is correct but switch to the red and white audio jacks NOT NEXT TO the video input just to the left. Second, you will find the signal with audio and color video NOT ON component video but on the AV option.

Not sure why they did it this was but it solves the problem.

Collapse -
AMAZING
by comablue / January 16, 2012 3:32 AM PST
In reply to: Jack miss-match

This is awesome! 48 hours i've been toiling over this problem...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Right...now for a bit of full-colour Wii bowling! Happy

Collapse -
Jack miss-match
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 16, 2012 4:16 AM PST

ALANGOULD,

Collapse -
Had the same issue
by aga1923 / February 3, 2013 1:30 AM PST

I had the same issue and was able to get the wii to work following the advice here but what do I need to do to make it so I can plug the wii and dvd player in and not have to unplug and replug every time I switch. What is this 1996?

Collapse -
thank you!!!
by reilly95 / May 26, 2012 11:47 AM PDT

I just bought my tv this week and had the same issues!
this worked perfectly.

Collapse -
samsung 8000
by seanbrannen / May 1, 2010 2:34 PM PDT

It's definitely hooked up wrong. Try the solution above and if that doesn't work consult your user manual.

www.3dlcdreviews.com

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.