Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Problems with DVD Cloner 6

by VenomClaws715 / June 14, 2010 1:31 PM PDT

I have been using DVD Cloner 6 for about a year, I realize that a new version has come out since then, so I want to make sure that the problem lies with that version. At first, when I made backup copies of my movies, the discs would freeze so often, or not play at all depending on the DVD player. I thought that might be due to the DVDs I bought, (memorex and maxwell) so I bought Sony, hoping those would work better. Now, the DVD plays well up until a point, usually a little past the middle of the movie, and then it would freeze then go right back to the DVD menu. To go to scene selection, clicking on any scenes will go right back to the original menu as well. How can I fix this, will getting DVD Cloner 7 end the problems?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problems with DVD Cloner 6
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problems with DVD Cloner 6
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What I see out there.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 14, 2010 9:59 PM PDT

Is the DVD player can make or break this. Are you sure these play OK on the PC? If so, how old is that DVD player in the living room? It may be time.

Collapse -
DVD Player
by VenomClaws715 / June 15, 2010 3:55 AM PDT
In reply to: What I see out there.

The DVD players I have been trying recently are all new, and play regular DVDs fine. The problem is that when it gets to a certain point in the movie, it freezes for a second then goes back to the menu.

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 15, 2010 4:01 AM PDT
In reply to: DVD Player

We can't talk about DRM media. So it's proper for copy protected DVDs to fail like that. If you disagree you must talk to those that claim their software works.

Here's why I mention it. The DVD copy protection is much like an Arms Race. The makers get your DVD Clone software and then task their staff to find ways to break it.

And they are well in their rights today as the law stands in the USA. Your country may differ on this.

So if only some falter that's proper.

Collapse -
DVD cloner 6 DVD freeze
by llam1 / August 2, 2011 12:26 PM PDT

I just brought a copy of DVD cloner 6 and all the movies that I copy freeze during the movie. Is there a patch to fix? I just waste my money buying this software if there is not fix. Does anybody have any ideas?

Collapse -
DVD cloner
by llam1 / August 2, 2011 12:40 PM PDT

My version is DVD cloner 8.

Collapse -
Follow the money.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 3, 2011 2:40 AM PDT

As this is not open source or supported here all I can offer is TWO IDEAS.

1. Try Handbrake as it will do nicely on non-DRM media. (I use this!)
2. Follow the money to where it went and ask for support or refund.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.