Phones forum

General discussion

Problems Dialling Toll-Free Numbers

by harriedtraveller / September 21, 2005 4:24 AM PDT

For the past two weeks or so I have had problems with my Cingular phone whenever I dial toll-free numbers. I usually get a message saying "your call did not go through, 025T." Same message regardless of the number I am dialling

I've tried more than a dozen toll-free numbers with the same result. I typically have to call back 3-5 times before I get through.

Any other numbers work fine. Anyone else having this problem? Cingular denies it exists.

BTW I live in the Houston area but I had a similar experience last week when traveling in New York.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problems Dialling Toll-Free Numbers
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problems Dialling Toll-Free Numbers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
One more thing
by harriedtraveller / September 21, 2005 4:27 AM PDT

Forgot to mention, my wife has exactly the same problem on her phone.

Collapse -
Hurricanes.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 21, 2005 5:47 AM PDT

You may have heard that a weather system damaged some networks. Seems like it will take a few years for it to be rebuilt.

Bob

Collapse -
Dialing Toll free Numbers
by drew_hartson / August 17, 2010 7:38 PM PDT

When you own a toll free phone number, you can be able to block phone numbers that you like. It is one of the feature in a toll free phone number.

Collapse -
You can also block pay phones
by zxxxt / September 2, 2010 6:01 PM PDT

I have this Toll Free number from Onesuite and I blocked pay phones from calling my Toll Free number. Calls from payphones have surcharge (with Onesuite its 55c) and that's additional cost for the TF number owner.

Collapse -
call traffic
by janneholt / August 22, 2010 6:00 PM PDT

Mostly toll free number get a huge number of incoming calls. Imagine its a free service, so many customers will be eager to use it to contact the business which will then result into having a busy signal.

Collapse -
It depends
by zxxxt / September 2, 2010 5:41 PM PDT
In reply to: call traffic

Most business Toll Free numbers are connected to PBX system or similar system so you are not supposed to get a busy signal. Even if there's no one available to answer your call, you will just put on hold but PBX will still answer your call.

Collapse -
I agree
by cliffgolt / September 8, 2010 3:05 PM PDT
In reply to: It depends

That is true. Phone systems are so reliable that you won't even need a live operator to manage incoming calls. Local or 1 800 number service usually have call management features like call forwarding, call transfer, call routing, caller ID, call controller, call conference, internet fax and voicemail. If a call is unattended or unanswered it will either be rerouted or forwarded to a voicemail or fax. This way no calls are not missed.

Collapse -
Yup
by zxxxt / September 13, 2010 4:47 PM PDT
In reply to: I agree

Clearly technology is on our side...at least to make life easier for most of us but making the world smaller too.

Collapse -
Problem Dialing Toll Free Numbers Outside of AT&T Network
by rprimavera / March 24, 2011 7:46 AM PDT

Boston, MA I have been receiving reports from my customers and others who are AT&T Wireless subscribers that when they dial any NON-AT&T Toll Free Number they receive a dead air message and the call can not be completed. Has anyone received any complaints today ??

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech Tip

Stuck without Internet and want to watch movies?

CNET shows you how to download movies and TV shows onto your device using Amazon Prime so you'll always be entertained.