Samsung forum

Question

Problems connecting my AppleTV to UN60EH6000F

by ron.saintg / July 10, 2013 2:51 AM PDT

Hi,

I recently got a 3rd generation AppleTV. It works perfectly on my non-Samsung TV. I tried connecting my AppleTV to my Samsung TV using HDMI cable and it only gives me "No Signal". My TV have 2 HDMI ports and both ports works when I hook up my BD Player and PS3. So ports on the TV is working. My AppleTV is working on my non-Samsung TV using HDMI. My TV resolution is upto 1080p. No settings on my TV that I can change that pertains to HDMI or resolution. Same with my AppleTV. Have tried using 3 HDMI cables as well. Firmware on my TV is upto date.

Does anyone have any other tricks under their sleeves?

Thanks!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problems connecting my AppleTV to UN60EH6000F
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problems connecting my AppleTV to UN60EH6000F
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Did you try HDMI port 1 and name it PC?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 12, 2013 3:43 AM PDT

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Problems connecting my AppleTV to UN60EH6000F
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 11, 2013 1:54 AM PDT

Hi ron.saintg,

Thanks for your question! Since your Samsung TV is working just fine with other sources, I'm going to suggest that you try the troubleshooting from the Apple TV side. Have you gone through the troubleshooting in this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1551

HD Tech

Collapse -
AppleTV
by ron.saintg / July 11, 2013 8:38 AM PDT

Yep! Tried those stuff too. At this point, I can't really determine if it's the Samsung TV or the AppleTV. Both devices are working.. it's just that it's not working with each other

Collapse -
Re: Problems connecting my Apple TV to UN60EH6000F
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 11, 2013 11:22 PM PDT
In reply to: AppleTV

Hi ron.saintg,

The next step I would recommend is resetting both devices. On the Samsung TV, a factory reset will reset all the TV's settings; I'm not sure what will be affected on the Apple TV or even if it has a reset feature. Have you tried that yet?

HD Tech

Collapse -
Reset
by ron.saintg / July 12, 2013 3:38 AM PDT

Hi,

I've tried reseting the TV and AppleTV. I've even gone as far as resetting the TV from the service/factory menu

Collapse -
Re: Problems connecting my Apple TV to UN60EH6000F
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 12, 2013 4:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Reset

Hi ron.saintg,

Well, that's all the tricks up my sleeves. The next thing I'd advise is to treat it like a brand new problem. Disconnect everything and then with just the Apple TV and the TV connected to each other try a number of different video connections and even try alternating power connections, such as two different wall sockets or both on the same power strip. Just rotate through options.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Same Problem with Samsung UE37D5500
by caleblaws / July 20, 2013 4:59 PM PDT

I've also encountered the same problem and have also tried the suggested remedies.

One suggestion from other forums is:

Turn off the TV
If you have a 52" Series 6 model (my case), press 'Mute -- 1 -- 8 -- 2 -- Power.' If you have a Series 5 model, try 'INFO MENU MUTE POWER.'
The TV will start and you will be in the service menu (give it a few extra seconds to get there).
Using the arrows/enter buttons, go into 'Option Table (Service)'
Turn off the following parameters: hotplug and hotplugctr.
Turn off the TV.

Unfortunately I am unable to locate hotplug and hotplugctr settings.
Apparently this is a pretty good fix. Any help locating these settings would be appreciated!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.