Windows 7 forum

Question

Problem with Task Scheduler.

by peterwhiteside / March 13, 2012 7:54 AM PDT

Very rarely use TS (defrag & MS updates only by me) however when I did open TS recently there were 40+ Tasks either corrupt or tampered with. How to revert back to a clean TS?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problem with Task Scheduler.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problem with Task Scheduler.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
How do you tell
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 14, 2012 12:10 AM PDT

that a Schedule is corrupt or has been tampered with?

I've just opened my Task Scheduler, the first time I ever have, and I don't see anything that suggests corruption or tampering.

Mark

Collapse -
Problem with Task Scheduler
by peterwhiteside / March 14, 2012 3:06 AM PDT
In reply to: How do you tell

Notice's implied either or. After clicking OK in all the notice's, I did eventually get into the TS, and the library/log listing the problems as "event 413". I haven't been able to find much info' regarding Event 413.

Collapse -
Hmm
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 14, 2012 6:46 AM PDT

Sorry but I am being particularly stupid here.

I don't know what you mean by "Notice's implied either or". What notices, and when and where do you see these notices?

What log?

Events should come with details, such as Event Source, Message Text and File Name.

Have a look at Microsoft's Events and Errors message Center, fill in as many details as you can, and hit Go.

For example for Event 413 I see this list; http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/SearchResults.aspx?Type=1&ID=413&Language=1033

Mark

Collapse -
Problem with Task Scheduler
by peterwhiteside / March 14, 2012 8:38 AM PDT
In reply to: Hmm

I'm finding this too complicated. I'll leave it alone for now. PC is running fine without the TS. Thanks for your replies and attempts to help.

Collapse -
Task sched.
by bob b / March 14, 2012 11:35 PM PDT

If you want to pursue this try to understand that members are blind.......were too far away to see your machine.

Give a step by step to the problem area.

Start > ? > ? > ?........problem area.

Now members have an idea of what your looking at.

Collapse -
Problem with Task Scheduler.
by peterwhiteside / March 16, 2012 9:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Task sched.

OK. I was hoping to keep it short and sweet.Start-Control Panel-System&Security-Admin'Tools-Schedle Tasks:Which opens: Notice middle of the screen:TS-RedX-Task(FEA632Z9A-064F-48BLE-904F-1EFFE64256B6):The task immage is corrupt or has been tampered with: OK. There is a total of 58 such notices. After clicking OK 58 times, the TS clears allowing access to the menues. 'Display all running Tasks': Notice: Catastrophic Failure etc., OK. 'Create Basic Task': Notice: TS service is not available or folder does not exist.Verify that service is running and that the folder exists: OK.
I have verified both....Hope this makes sense now.
But like I said. PC is running fine. without the TS. I can Defrag and get Updates manually. It does bug me however.

Collapse -
Interesting
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 16, 2012 9:50 PM PDT
In reply to: Some reading

and thanks for that Bob.

Mark

Collapse -
re' some reading
by peterwhiteside / March 17, 2012 3:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Some reading

Thanks Bob. I was hoping to avoid getting into System 32. I'll back up the System, and when I feel confident, give it a go...hoohaa!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.