Windows 7

Question

Problem with Microsoft ISATAP adapter, ISATAP Adapter # 2

by PWNeely / May 13, 2012 8:53 AM PDT

In the Device Manager, Microsoft ISATAP Adapter, Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2 and Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adatper have a yellow triangle with an excalamation mark next to them. Under Devices and Printers, my Laptop has the same yellow triangle with the exclamation mark indicating it needs troubleshooting. How can I get rid of those yellow triangles or do I need to worry about them? Thanks, PWNeely

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problem with Microsoft ISATAP adapter, ISATAP Adapter # 2
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problem with Microsoft ISATAP adapter, ISATAP Adapter # 2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
But what problem are you having?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 13, 2012 9:05 AM PDT
Collapse -
Had a problem with Rocketfish Bluetooth adapter working.
by PWNeely / May 14, 2012 9:58 AM PDT

Something happened to my Rocketfish Bluetooth adapter which used to work fine. The Bluetooth icon did not appear on my desktop or the taskbar. I could not HotSync my PalmPilot with the Bluetooth adapter. That was my original problem. While trying to solve that problem, during a Troubleshooting process, I received the messages telling me there were problems with my Microsoft ISATAP Adapter, Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2 and Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adatper. I finally got my Bluetooth problem corrected. I can HotSync with my PalmPilot and the Bluetooth icon is in the taskbar. However, the Microsoft ISATAP Adapter, Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2 and Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adatper still have the yellow triangles with an excalamation marks next to them. So, currently, I am not having any computer problems. I just wanted to know how to correct the problems with the adapters or know the error messages could be ignored. Thanks, PWNeely.

Collapse -
Small world?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 14, 2012 10:41 AM PDT

I wrote and now maintain some old PalmOS apps. And somewhere I wrote a sticky about how to get sync to work today. It does use BT but the rocketfish issue sounds familiar. I don't have enough details to work or discuss this issue but wouldn't we go back with System Restore?
bob

Collapse -
No problem with Rocketfish Bluetooth or PalmPilot now.
by PWNeely / May 15, 2012 8:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Small world?

What about the Microsoft ISATAP Adapter, Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2 and Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adatper with the yellow triangles with an excalamation marks next to them? Just ignore them? Not having any computer problems now. Thanks, PWNeely

Collapse -
Just sharing.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 15, 2012 8:52 AM PDT

I don't fix things that are working. Sadly this is a learned thing. That is, after chasing down such things in device manager for years I began to ignore them if I couldn't find any other fault with the machine's operation. I supplied an example where MSFT ignores them as well.

Bob

Collapse -
I uninstalled them.
by Aeschylus_Nyx / May 15, 2012 9:28 AM PDT

I had this issue when I upgraded from Vista to 7. I got tired of looking for a fix and my laptop ran just fine even though they couldn't start, so I created a system restore point (just in case), disabled them then uninstalled them, and there was no difference in the way my laptop ran.

They can always be reinstalled using the Legacy Wizard in Device Manager.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.