Computer Help

Alert

Problem with Folder Protector by Kakasoft.com

by putrazyero / September 12, 2013 6:29 PM PDT

I used Kakasoft's Folder Protector to lock my important documents in some folder,but unfortunately I accidently deleted that folder and I already empty my recycle bin.

I dont have any problem with password,I still remember my password for that files.My real problem is,I cant find where that folder has been hidden and I dont know how to get it back.I have used some other way with software name "Recuva" to ensure my files still in there or not,but yeah! its still in there,I dont want to recover it because it needed more space to recover it.I just wanna Unhidden that folder..please help me..I got important file in there.

Sorry for my broken english..I hope some expert in there can help me here.. Sad

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problem with Folder Protector by Kakasoft.com
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problem with Folder Protector by Kakasoft.com
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Use Recuva to restore your files
by glb613 / September 12, 2013 8:55 PM PDT

How full is the hard drive? Where is your backup copy?

Collapse -
Can't use Recuva because insufficient space
by putrazyero / September 12, 2013 9:54 PM PDT

I use Seagate 1TB, that file that I protected maybe in 9++GB and no backup..yeah,that my fault..but nobody dont make mistake right? so what I have to do now?
Do u know how to unhidden it?
I already try many way,but fail..

Collapse -
I see support at link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 13, 2013 6:26 AM PDT
Collapse -
This is my problem cronology
by putrazyero / September 13, 2013 4:05 PM PDT
In reply to: I see support at link.

1. I create 1 folder name " New folder (2)" it only default name
2. I put my file into it maybe 9++GB and protect it with that Folder Protector software
3. For along time,I accidently deleting that folder and emptying my recycle bin oh Damn!
4. Im trying to create new folder with same name and place that software into it,but it fail,it seems like to make new password to protect new file,for the info,that software no need to install,its standalone software,just copy and place it at anywhere you want.
5. I look to the disk volume,nothing lose,still same volume and that prove it to me that my file still in there but hidden.
6. After that I use "Recuva" to check where file path it been,Oh I see,it still in there,but it at main folder and that folder with name "?" for example path like this "I:\?\LastF\My Intertainment\Music
7. Yeah! it can be restore,but it will copy my file into it,not overwrite,so it will make double size of my external hardisk.
8. I learn..learn..and learn using MR.GOOGLE..I got it..I just got it how to hack this software.its really easy just only using CMD,we can get that protected files..LOL..I just know it..
9. But unfortunately,that is not solution for my problem,my problem is not about losing or forgot password,I remember my password very well,my real problem is my file cannot access,it hidden with unknown name,and I dont know how to unhide it,so many way I try,its failed,I search a solution in google,I got nothing,nobody speak about it,I just email to Kakasoftsupport centre,it just reply 1 message and give software name Decrypted5.exe,that software is for who losing or forgot they password,not for my problem..im so frustating now,support centre silence now,not reply my message after 2 day..please help me..i just wanna know how to unhide that weird folder with name "?"

Collapse -
I fear you can't be helped.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 14, 2013 2:00 AM PDT

Why?

"7. Yeah! it can be restore,but it will copy my file into it,not overwrite,so it will make double size of my external hardisk."

Here you admit you can be restored but you seem to want a solution that doesn't require the required disk space.

Maybe it's time to consider a few things.

a. There is no backup copy.
b. You should put your data on a diet.
c. We only lose what we don't backup.
d. Folder and file lock programs are just a bad idea.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Magazine

The summer issue is here!

In the latest edition of our quarterly magazine, we look at how you can spend your summer getting fit and having fun. Pick up a copy on newsstands today or order it now.