Samsung forum

Question

Problem with AllShare on Vista 64

by lochl / October 13, 2011 9:16 AM PDT

Hello,
I have problem with Samsung AllShare on Windows Vista 64 bit. Program run, but I can not share any folder.
I found following discuss with same symptoms without solutions and one year old:
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-407424.html
TV Samsung UE466530.
Please, have anyone some solution?
For example:
- driver for Samsung TV
- some other free DLNA server
- etc
Thanks you.
<font size="1" face="Arial"><font size="1" face="Arial">

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problem with AllShare on Vista 64
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problem with AllShare on Vista 64
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Check your firewall and router
by Andy Holman / October 16, 2011 10:26 AM PDT

Check that your firewall on your PC is not blocking AllShare or ports used by AllShare. Also, check if your router has a built-in firewall or a UPnP server feature and turn them off. Restart your router after making changes. If that does not work, then I'd try another DLNA server to see if that works. Samsung's AllShare is pretty bad. My recommendation is Mezzmo as it works well with my Samsung TV and Blu-ray player.

Collapse -
by lochl / October 16, 2011 10:15 PM PDT

Hi Andy,
thanks you for your reply. Problem is not in my router (FW etc.), it is realy in AllShare SW on Vista 64 bit. I found more discussions about it, but no solution from Samsung. And this issue is know longer than one year Sad
For example this discussion (http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-520446.html):
1) User wrote: I have problem with DLNA on Vista 64 bit.
2) Samsung wrote: Use Microsoft Windows Media Player 11.
3) User wrote: I found better SW: Serviio
4) Samsung wrote: Great news! Thanks for posting back.
My solution: I am using Serviio. Worked like a charm and it is freeware.

Collapse -
Get Windows 7
by Mr Shaun Warburton / October 17, 2011 1:20 AM PDT

Let's face it, Vista 32 or 64 was an-unmitigated disaster, Windows7, on the other hand. Is vista as it should have been.

Collapse -
AllShare is the problem again...
by Andy Holman / October 17, 2011 8:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Get Windows 7

Glad you found the problem. I agree - AllShare is pretty bad. It would be great if Samsung just bundled a better DLNA server with their TVs, Blu-ray players, etc. so we did not have these problems in the first place.

Collapse -
Download this "It Will Help"
by Mr Shaun Warburton / October 17, 2011 10:17 AM PDT

You can Download their Media Server from the Samsung Site. it makes Sharing a doddle. The file is called "Samsung PC Share Manager". Download it and give it a try, It will improve things a lot.

Collapse -
by lochl / October 18, 2011 1:38 AM PDT

I tried the "Samsung PC Share Manager" but in Vista 64 bit the same problem as AllShare... I can not add new folder to share - button was inactive. System wants driver for Samsung DMR TV...
In my case Samsung PC Share Manager was better than AllShare, because enable DLNA share, but only for default directory c:\PCShareManagerUpload.
But I am happy with Serviio Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.