Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps

General discussion

Problem: Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address

by longlt365 / December 21, 2009 11:34 AM PST

Could any one show me how to solve problem when access to Web, the admintrator has banned my IP address: "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address"
What is happend and how to solve this?
Many thanks.
Longlt

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problem: Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problem: Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Tell us more
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 21, 2009 9:25 PM PST

Where and when do you see this?

What computer do you have, and give the details requested in red above each post submission box, eg;

"Note: If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem."

Mark

Collapse -
IP banned
by longlt365 / December 29, 2009 5:37 PM PST
In reply to: Tell us more

Dear Mark,
This problem when I access to some websites, even I had login as member. This website not have link to suppost or technical contact.
This seem my IP had problem, but only some web this happen.
Many Thanks,
Longlt

Collapse -
Re: IP banned
by Kees Bakker / December 29, 2009 6:07 PM PST
In reply to: IP banned

That means that their administrator (a person) decided that your PC (that has an IP-address like 84.87.15.123 or so) isn't welcome anymore.

Don't take it personally. All you have to do:
- find another PC at another location and logon, or
- ask your ISP to give you another IP-address

But I'm afraid their administrator meant to say YOU aren't welcome. So once they find out that it's YOU that is behind that new IP-address, they might ban that also.

Kees

Collapse -
IP Banned
by longlt365 / December 30, 2009 11:30 AM PST
In reply to: Re: IP banned

Yes, I can access this site by other PC, here I want to know what is happened and how can solve this? This may have something wrong on my PC, could you show my how?
Many thanks.
Longlt

Collapse -
(NT) Nothing wrong with your PC, I think.
by Kees Bakker / December 30, 2009 8:09 PM PST
In reply to: IP Banned
Collapse -
more details
by qqqq88 / January 2, 2010 4:15 AM PST

what forums is it happening on?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.