- Did you run the Windows 8 upgrade assistant? It tells about the compatibility of your existing hardware and software with Windows 8. That's a very good start. I think it will tell you that you need more RAM (or probably another laptop).
- What exactly did you download from what site? And how exactly are you installing it?
- I've never seen a message when opening/using some files that I need to upgrade to Windows 8. What are those "some files" and what program tells you this?
- The d3d9.dll is related to DirectX (version 9). What version of Direct X is installed? And what are the results if you run all tests from dxdiag?
- Why don't you have XP SP3 installed?
I am using a Windows XP Professional version 2002 with service pack 2 . v.2096 on my Fujitsu Siemens laptop with Intel R Pentium (R) M ,1.60 GH processor, 592 MHz, 752 MB of RAM.
I am facing 2 problems :
1. I keep getting messages while opening / using some files that I should upgrade to Windows 8 but when I download and try to install it , the following error message comes and installations fails to occur :
" Generic host process for Win 32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience . "
2. I am unable to install "Skype " because after downloading while installing , I get this error message :
" failed to get proc address for D3DPERF_setoptions (d3d9.dll)"
Can you please help ?