Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Problem Installing Norton 360

by rdgofdez / March 2, 2008 6:52 AM PST

Hi, I'm having problems trying to install my newly bought Norton 360.
I bought it from Symantic's webpage, and after all the paying process was complete I clicked on "Download" and got a setup file of about 500kb.
I run this file but the following message comes up: ERROR Download already complete.
And nothing else happens... what should I do? I've downloaded it like a thousand times and it is allways the same!

I have Microsoft Windows Vista, btw...

Thanks

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problem Installing Norton 360
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problem Installing Norton 360
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hellp with Norton 360 Install
by Michael_York / March 4, 2008 4:45 AM PST

Hello rdgofez,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support team responding to your posting. If you are having problems with downloading the Norton 360 product, please visit the following page on the Symantec site for assistance.

Norton Downloads Help
http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/cs/dtree.jsp?id=downloads_orders&selected_nav=1

Please have your order information available when visiting this site.

Let me know if you are still having problems after visiting this site.

Thank you,
Mike

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

Collapse -
Thanks
by rdgofdez / March 4, 2008 7:06 AM PST

Thanks for your help, I could download it succesfully and now it is running perfectly well.

Thank you again!

Rodrigo

Collapse -
Great news !
by Michael_York / March 5, 2008 7:54 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks

Hi Rodrigo,

I'm very happy to hear that you were able to re-download Norton and get it up and running. I'm glad that i could help you out.

Take care,
Mike

Michael York
Symantec Corporation

Collapse -
Trouble Installing Norton 360
by clahman / July 5, 2009 1:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Great news !

Michael,
I just bought an HP Pavilion with Vista and when I tried to install Norton 360 it told me that I already had an existing Norton program (the computer came with a 60 day trial) So it said that I have to remove the old program first and once it was done removing the old program it said I have to restart my computer. I restarted it and the same message keeps coming up telling me to restart it. What do I do?

Collapse -
Properly uninstall and reinstall Norton 360
by Michael_York / July 7, 2009 8:01 AM PDT

Hi clahman,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team and I would be glad to help you out with Norton 360.

Your computer most likely came with a trial version of a Norton product pre-installed, and the installer is acting correctly when it told you it was first removing the older version, but it appears that the uninstaller did not work properly. To resolve this issue, follow the steps below to properly uninstall and then reinstall Norton 360.

1. Run Windows Update to make sure that you have the latest patches from Microsoft applied to Windows.

2. Click on the following link to download the Norton Removal Tool:

Norton Removal Tool and Instructions

3. After you run the tool, please restart your computer. Then log in to Windows and run the removal tool again. Restart your computer after it is finished running the second time as well.

4. Insert the Norton 360 CD into your computer and run the installer.

5. When the installation is complete, launch Norton 360, mouse over the "PC Security" bubble and choose "Check for Updates." If any updates are installed, restart your computer and then manually run LiveUpdate again. Restart again if any updates are installed.

6. Open the Windows Security Center and make sure that it is recognizing that Norton 360 is protecting you. Both the Windows Firewall and Windows Defender should be disabled, as Norton 360 is handling these tasks for you.

7. Mouse-over the "PC Security" bubble again and choose "Run Scans" and then choose "Comprehensive Scan."

Let me know if this process resolves these issues.

Thank you,
Mike

Michael York
Symantec Corporation

Collapse -
I'VE RESTORED MY COMPUTER
by angjon55 / November 27, 2009 11:33 AM PST

EVERY SENCE I'VE DONE THAT I CAN'T GET THE PC PROTECTION,VIRUSES.I'AM AT RISK OF A VIRUSES,BUT EVERYTHING ELSE HAS THE GREEN CHECK EXCEPT THAT.WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.