Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Problem Installing a Font - Kindly help me

by nagukush / June 2, 2009 8:10 AM PDT

Hi Friends !

Hope all is well and great !

My name is Kush and I'm from India.

Friends, I urgently need to Install and use a Font called "ARSLANNIAN" for an application. I was able to find and download it from http://www.sofontes.com.br/en/Arslannian/download/1866

When I copy and paste the font file in my Windows-Fonts folder, I get an Error - "Unable to Install the Arslannian (True Type) Font. The Font File may be damaged."

Friends, I urgently need to use this font and I request you to kindly guide me if there is any way that I install and use this font. I'm using Windows XP.

Kindly advice and guide me.
Thanks a lot !
Regards and Care to all
Kush

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problem Installing a Font - Kindly help me
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problem Installing a Font - Kindly help me
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I see a font by Bitstream.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 2, 2009 8:25 AM PDT
Collapse -
Is this Related ?
by nagukush / June 2, 2009 8:59 AM PDT
Collapse -
How could I be gentle here?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 2, 2009 9:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Is this Related ?

You know it's not a TTF or truetype font that you can use with this OS.

You have the answers yet you seem to think you can avoid dealing with Bitstream or that other company.

Why ask for a gentle answer?
Bob

Collapse -
Didnt Understand
by nagukush / June 2, 2009 9:25 AM PDT

Hi there !

Kindly excuse my ignorance but I really didnt understand what you've said in your last post. I have contacted the companies but I need to use this font very urgently. So does it mean that this font can not be used with Windows XP ? Kindly guide me as I'm really new to this... Sorry again if've asked anything wrong...

Regards
Kush

Collapse -
Not gentle.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 2, 2009 9:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Didnt Understand

The font is not ready for use with XP. Your urgency will not speed this along. I strongly suggest you seek some other font.

Collapse -
How to...
by Willy / June 2, 2009 9:50 AM PDT
Collapse -
"When I copy and paste the font file"
by Cursorcowboy / June 3, 2009 3:32 AM PDT

Whether possible or not, I do not know. But, you cannot copy a font to the Fonts folder.

1. If it becomes necessary to restructure fonts on your system, there are certain procedures you should be aware of. Please read, "HOW TO: Install or Remove a Font in Windows XP (Q314960)".

a. To remove a font you can delete the icon (also deletes the file from the hard disk) or simply drag the icon out of the Fonts folder to make it unavailable. The fonts are located throughout the Windows cabinets, but you can not install the default fonts by running the installation wizard for fonts while they are in cabinet files, so don't try.

b. You cannot install fonts by merely copying or extracting them to the \fonts subdirectory at the DOS command line or using any other non-standard procedure - they simply won't work or appear in expected applications. But if you drag a font to the folder or create a shortcut in the fonts folder to a usable font, they're installed in the system registry as they should. Otherwise, use Control Panel, File, Install New Font, from the pull-down menus.

2. Supplemental reading:

a. "How to Change the Font, Size, and Colors of Desktop Items (Q310543)."

b. List of "Fonts supplied with Windows XP."

c. Determine what "Fonts and products."

d. This is a published "list" of the standard Windows fonts that are installed with Windows 95/98/ME/2000/NT/XP. Before cleaning out your fonts folder, please check the list and DO NOT uninstall any of the system fonts listed in the table - any font indicated with a <b style="font-weight:normal; color:red">RED "A" for its icon are system fonts for compatibility.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.