iPhones, iPods, & iPads

General discussion

Problem hooking up Ipod Classic to Samsung LCD HDTV

by Alisa1221 / December 6, 2009 11:17 AM PST

I have an 80gb Ipod Classic and I'm trying to hook it up to a Samsung LCD HDTV with Apple's component cables. I plug the cables in, set the Ipod to TV Out and go to play a video and it doesn't work. The TV (which I've set to component) says no signal and the Ipod says Please Connect Video Accessory. The Ipod will charge itself using the cables, but won't send a signal out to the TV. I know the component jack on the TV works as I've hooked a DVD player up to it and it works fine. Any suggestions?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problem hooking up Ipod Classic to Samsung LCD HDTV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problem hooking up Ipod Classic to Samsung LCD HDTV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Do you have another TV you could test this with,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / December 6, 2009 8:55 PM PST

the problem could be in the TV and not just the iPod.

I realize that a DVD player works when connected, but the iPod my be pushing something different.

Just a thought.

P

Collapse -
No other TV
by Alisa1221 / December 7, 2009 4:53 AM PST

All the other TVs I have are too old to use component cables on. They only have yellow, red, white inputs on them. Perhaps I'll contact Apple and Samsung and see what they say.

Collapse -
There is a samsung rep
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / December 7, 2009 9:24 AM PST
In reply to: No other TV
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.