Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Problem downloading videos from You Tube...no sound or video

by droldz / December 14, 2010 11:02 PM PST

I am attempting to copy videos off You Tube so I downloaded "You Tube Down loader" as recommended, and use Real Player SP for ongoing video replay. MY PROBLEM: Real player attempts to open the video without video or audio present(black screen), although I see the sound bar move across the bottom..and the video title and time duration and file extension are shown..NOTE! the You tube extensions are all.flv and Real player is attempting to convert these,I assume..I tried to convert to .WMV within Real Player and I've reinstalled Real Player several times..no luck. (a giant red abort warning appears every time)I have to assume the RP is working fine as all of my previously saved videos with a .WMV extension have sound and video. I'm stuck..any ideas...is the You Tube down loader really required or is the Real Player doing the down load...it would seem that file conversion should be "set" within the whatever down loader is being used prior to the actual transfer. Thanks Kent My system is a bone stock Windows XP Pro

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Problem downloading videos from You Tube...no sound or video
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Problem downloading videos from You Tube...no sound or video
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just one problem.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 15, 2010 1:58 AM PST

The youtube agreement still gives you trouble and it appears they change from time to time to upset those folk that download it.

So back to the author of that to ask "What happened?"
Bob

Collapse -
You Tube Issues
by droldz / December 15, 2010 10:58 PM PST
In reply to: Just one problem.

"What Happened" is that I still can't view the downloads...However I do have a friend in Florida that is being successful..SO..If You Tube is creating the glitch, some are getting around it.....would love to hear from anyone with another way to SAVE and VIEW the You Tube videos. Thanks DrOldz

Collapse -
Sorry, we can't help
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 16, 2010 4:29 AM PST
In reply to: You Tube Issues

The problem is as Bob described. YouTube's Terms, ( http://www.youtube.com/t/terms ), prohibit users from copying content, and the CNET Forum Policies prevent this from being discussed in these forums.

To prevent other posts here that may offer ways around such restrictions, I am locking this thread.

Again, sorry.

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.