Computer Help forum

General discussion

Printing text in color.

by Doug / December 17, 2006 5:54 AM PST

Tis the season. I can use either Word Perfect 7 or Microsoft Word '97, but I would like to print text in green and/or red. I have a new Epson Stylus Photo RX700, so I went to their web site but could get no help there. I have looked through all the printer setting I could find, but again came up empty. Can it be that hard. . .and that unusual a request?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Printing text in color.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Printing text in color.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
So Have You??
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / December 17, 2006 9:14 AM PST

.....opened the document, highlight the entire page of text, then select a different color for the font/text.. Once the page is changed to a different color, such as red, then the printer should print it in the correct color.

My daughters have performed this action, in emergency home work assignments, when the black ink was all used up.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Yes I did. . .but. . .
by Doug / December 17, 2006 4:21 PM PST
In reply to: So Have You??

While the layouts are different for Word and Word Perfect, they are very simular. You can change the font, rotate the page, switch from portrait to landscape, change page size, change paper, choose odd or even pages and lots more but nothing about changing the text color. Would you please ask your daughters where I can find that option.

Thanks,

Collapse -
It's As Grif Says
by Schokers / December 17, 2006 6:04 PM PST
In reply to: Yes I did. . .but. . .

I have Word XP (and it works for me) but I'm sure that it would also work for Word 97.
Just select the text you want to change. Select Format in the tool bar and then Font. About one third of the way down on the left hand side you will see a heading Font Colour. Just use the drop down menu to select the colour you want. The text on the page will change to that colour and the printer will print in that colour.

Collapse -
Change font color
by linkit / December 17, 2006 9:43 PM PST
In reply to: Yes I did. . .but. . .
Collapse -
If the document shows color on your computer screen...
by linkit / December 17, 2006 9:51 PM PST
In reply to: Change font color

...then your photo printer may be out of colored ink. Check it.

Collapse -
That worked GREAT!
by Doug / December 18, 2006 9:32 AM PST

Thanks again for everyones help. I had been trying to change the color in the printer property area - just never thought about looking under the software's format section. It worked in Word Perfect and I am sure it will work un MS Word too. Thanks again.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.