Peripherals

General discussion

Printer advice for printing digital x-rays in dental office

by jasdmd / March 25, 2009 7:40 AM PDT

Looking for advice prior to purchasing a new printer to print x-ray images in dental office to send out as reports to referring offices. I presently have a HP (not sure which one, sorry) which prints terrible images. My older HP printed better. The older printer called for a gray ink cartridge in addition to the black and color cartridges, whereas the newer one only has color and black. Not sure if that is what makes the difference in order to print quality x-rays.
Any suggestions for a new printer or what to look for?
Thanks so much!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Printer advice for printing digital x-rays in dental office
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Printer advice for printing digital x-rays in dental office
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Checkout
by Willy / March 26, 2009 1:11 AM PDT

Since you're a professional service, I'm sure there are companies and services that provide printers that fit perfectly for your tasks. Just find out(spec sheets and pamphlets)what they provide and buy on the open market vs. their services. Also, you need to know exactly what you use now, we can't guess at this and it a proper ? to proceed from. If you can, use a laserjet printer vs. inkjet types as the color laserjet will auto-adjust to color variations much more easily and be quick about up to a point. Of course that option is more expensive but far cheaper to operate than you think. If you have a sample of your output take to a demo area or office supply outlet and check results. Visit any of the makers support websites, I do suggest HP, but Minolta and Canon as well. Don't hestitate to visit the business side of offering vs. home models

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
thanks willy
by jasdmd / March 26, 2009 4:37 AM PDT
In reply to: Checkout

my present printer which is not providing adequate images is the HP Photosmart Pro B8350. Your recommendations are great, thank you.

Collapse -
(NT) Epson Stylus Photo 1400 does great print quality - inexpensi
by barb_biztech / March 14, 2012 4:00 AM PDT
Collapse -
Dumb idea maybe

Why can't they go as files to be viewed or printer at the receiving end? I'm not an X-ray tech but it could seem that any printed images would lose enough quality and detail as to hide subtle diagnostic clues.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.