Photo Editing & Graphic Design forum

General discussion

Print shop 22 share project printing from a burned CD

by chessfish / June 2, 2008 2:58 PM PDT

Hi folks, am totally new here so not sure of the ropes yet but here goes: I have XP, a Dell dimension 8250 with one gig of ram and a couple of CD/DVD burners.
So my wife uses this program, I think it sucks myself but she is sort of stuck with it.
She has some business graphics she wants to send to a pro print shop to mass print, three projects. So the first thing I found out, it did not seem possible to put all three on one CD. Maybe I am wrong about that but ended up with a CD for each project. I can live with that, and with the share project feature, it makes an executable viewer so the recipient does not have to have print shop in his system. I got all three burned ok but when I load them, the screen comes up with the images of the projects alright but there are no print icons or anything else but a zoom control or left right arrow if there is more than one page to the document. My problem is how will the pro print shop be able to print this out? I could not print with my comp. The keyboard is a logitech wireless combo mouse thing and it has a 'print screen' button but when I press it, nothing happens. I also tried to cut and paste to Word but nothing happens when I right or left click inside the document. Anyone know about this share project feature and how to print with it once it's burned to a CD?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Print shop 22 share project printing from a burned CD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Print shop 22 share project printing from a burned CD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This may not be a choice you can make.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 2, 2008 11:01 PM PDT

Some print shops (not the program) dictate to you want files they'll work with such as TIF, JPEG and so on. You can't demand they work with such unless they agree and most will charge you for the priviledge. So there it is, ask the shop you are dealing with what they want.
Bob

Collapse -
printing 'shared' print shop jobs.
by chessfish / June 3, 2008 12:26 AM PDT

I know the pro shop may want say, PDF, but that is not the immediate issue. The issue is how can I print the project on my OWN computer much less others. My wireless keyboard is a Logitech and it has a 'print screen' button that does nothing. I can't cut and paste like normal nor drag and drop. I need help from someone with specific print shop 22 knowledge. Thanks for any help.

Collapse -
Why would print screen do nothing?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 3, 2008 1:03 AM PDT

Sometimes I run into people that thought it would print something when pressed. It doesn't and hasn't for years. It only does what it does. Please share what you expect this button to do.

Yes I ran an older copy of Print Shop. To share a project we would install the software on the second PC and then the project under discussion.
Bob

Collapse -
Print shop sharing.
by chessfish / June 3, 2008 2:54 AM PDT

Yeah, I found out from Logitech phone support, the
'print screen' button is like the copy of copy and paste.
Didn't know that.

Collapse -
Just so we know...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 3, 2008 4:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Print shop sharing.

That functionality has been that way for well over 10 years. Are you just returning to using PCs?

Collapse -
Never used print screen.
by chessfish / June 3, 2008 5:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Just so we know...

Never had any need for it till now, just got a new wireless keyboard with the print screen button and hit it thinking it would do what it said, but alas:) Better late than never, I guess. Of course I had seen it before but just never tried to use it, no need what with cut and paste and control C and V and such. It does seem a bit more useful in that you don't need to highlight anything which is good for the problematic way the print shop image comes up. No print icons or much else included, kind of primitive.

Collapse -
found one solution
by chessfish / August 13, 2008 1:56 PM PDT

Print shop has a function that makes an executable file so you don't need print shop on a second computer to get the project out. My problem now is that executable works fine on a PC but won't talk to Apple comps. Of course the print company I sent the work to uses Apples and can't see my project. Now what? Is there a version of Print Shop that runs on Apples? Never had to think of that before now.
Or some kind of conversion to appletalk? Do Apples have the ability to run PDF files? Maybe I could ship it out in PDF and fix the problem, don't know. HELP!

Collapse -
"run PDF files?"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 13, 2008 10:23 PM PDT
In reply to: found one solution

The term "run" is odd here. I do open and view PDF files on an Apple without issue. I can print them if the PDF allows printing.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.