Mac Hardware

Question

Preinstalled Apps don't appear.

by Dorsetman04 / January 2, 2013 4:22 AM PST

I boiught my iMac with preinstalled Apps - Pages, Numbers etc. But they are not to be found on the machine.
The best answer seemed to be to go to iTunes store and download them - rather a pain - it is said to be taking 4 hours to download Pages alone.
Am I missing something ?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Preinstalled Apps don't appear.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Preinstalled Apps don't appear.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
No.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 4:28 AM PST
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2715595?start=0&tstart=0 and other discussions on that forum seem to show that if you pull up the store it will show it as purchased and possibly installed.

I did encounter a new Apple user that had a similar or same issue. We found the app later by cheating. We emailed him a pages document and it opened.
Bob
Collapse -
Answer
try a Spotlight search
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 7:35 AM PST

Top right corner of the screen

P

Collapse -
Answer
I found how to do it - its easy when you know how.
by orchidman61 / January 2, 2013 3:04 PM PST

I just typed the name of the missing app in Launchpad, and it appeared, so then I was able to drop it in the Dock.

Collapse -
(NT) Spotlight works the same way
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 8:54 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.