Computer Help

General discussion

pop up

by slcounty / September 4, 2010 6:24 AM PDT

I have my pop up enabled and don't usually get pop ups but suddenly I keep getting the same pop up - cdn.fastclick.net - My options are SAVE - RUN - CANCEL . I click cancel and it pops up again - I click cancel and so on. I deleted all my temporary files and cookies. I did a complete malware scan and a complete AVG scan. How do I get rid of this pop up and what is it?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: pop up
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: pop up
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
pop up, cdn.fastclick.net
by bambi5522 / September 4, 2010 6:53 AM PDT
In reply to: pop up

I'm having the same exact problem. I hope someone replies with a fix. This just started a few days ago.

Collapse -
Re: cdn.fastclick.net
by Kees Bakker / September 4, 2010 7:10 AM PDT
Collapse -
One method would be to add ...
by Edward ODaniel / September 4, 2010 9:01 AM PDT

these two lines to your HOSTS file (if your hosts file uses 0.0.0.0 instead of 127.0.0.1 use the 0.0.0.0) -

127.0.0.1 cdn.fastclick.net
127.0.0.1 media.fastclick.net

Another method would be (if you have a router) to look under the router settings for something on the order of "Content Filtering" or "Block Sites", etc. then make use of the keyword filtering and add cdn.fastclick.net and media.fastclick.net This will not work if the ads are flash ads.

You might also want to look over this link -
http://atdmt.info/fastclick.html

There are also settings in the browser or addons for the browser that might help depending on the browser you use.

If using MSIE, go to "tools" --> "pop-up blocker" --> "pop-up blocker settings" and select "filter level: high (block all pop-ups)".

Collapse -
cdn.fastclick.net pop up
by marvdav / September 14, 2010 7:14 AM PDT

Looking for any help in getting rid of cdn.fastclick.net pop up.

Collapse -
fix i have found
by krazyfox001 / April 5, 2012 8:43 AM PDT

I had the same popup and i got rid of it by doing a disck cleanup

I think the popup program puts itself in your temporay internet files.

Collapse -
Hi I ran disk cleanup two times and it still there
by ralfonya / May 6, 2012 5:28 PM PDT
In reply to: fix i have found

Iguess it must like me

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.