Phones

General discussion

poor sprint customer service

by jonnyss / October 15, 2005 10:36 AM PDT

sprint pcs has about the worst customer service anywhere. the bill is full of spurious charges. to call in, you must suffer long wait times, then they take your information, then they tell you to call a special number, which after 15 minutes hold, rolls you back to the first number. now i can't even cancel the service. i walked into the retail office, and they duly took my cancellation, but i still get billed. i've been on hold for over an hour with 3 different reps trying to cancel.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: poor sprint customer service
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: poor sprint customer service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Fully Agreed!
by sawaan / October 18, 2005 11:51 AM PDT

Each "host" I've encountered in their retail stores has been rude and obscenely incompetent. The managers are the only people there who have the slightest clue as to what is going on.

Collapse -
My Sprint story of woe ...
by Landlocked / October 21, 2005 1:37 PM PDT

I've been a Sprint customer for 8 years and although my impression of their coverage has waxed and waned, I never thought it was any better/worse than the other carriers. Customer service was never great, but it was never outright bad until this past year when I was having trouble with my Treo 600.

I took my very expensive smart phone to the Sprint store after being told over the phone that it needed to be tested. This was months before my warranty had expired. It was telling me that I had No Service when I could clearly see 3+ bars of signal strength. I took the phone in and they were not able to detect any problem. Over time I noticed that the problem only occured after the battery had lost a little of it's charge. I took it in again the month before my warranty had expired and again was told that there was nothing wrong.

Weeks after my warranty expired, I took the phone in again ... it was driving me nuts that I couldn't place a call and most of my incoming calls were being immediately dropped. THIS time, the technician said almost immediately that it was a battery wiring issue and that it was a known issue. But since the phone was now out of warranty, he could do nothing to help me.

I thought I would call and talk to someone at Sprint that could help me ... to no avail. They have made their entire customer experience about sales. If you have a problem to discuss, they coo softly and tell you to go to a Sprint store, where they are seriously understaffed and unable to do anything to keep customers happy.

At this point, I am looking at the Treo 650 (although I just heard that the Treo 700 will be out soon) with either Verizon or Cingular. Since I still have another year on my contract, Sprint will not even give me the upgrade rebate. The way I figure, I can go to another carrier, pay the $150 to get out of my Sprint contract and end up with pretty much the same cost as buying the new Treo on my existing contract.

I hate to sound like an entitled snit, but after 3 visits to their stores inside the warranty period (which they have recorded, but never for the reason I stopped in - each contact record says they offered my new services or products and includes nothing about why I stopped in), you think they would do more to keep a customer with 8 years of history.

Look for my posting seeking advice.

Collapse -
I couldn't agree more
by lechat / November 3, 2005 12:24 AM PST

I have been trying for eight years to have my 30 year old daughters phone transferred to her account and they have fumbled the ball at least ten times. Now for the second time in four months my phone has died and when i went the website to inquire about warrenty, my address has been replaced with my daughters. Her caller id still says my name even today. Each time i call, i get put on hold for 15 to 30 minutes before talking to someone who never fixes the problem. The last time my phone died, the sprint store did not want to replace it because they said corroded contacts were caused by carrying it in by brief case when i fly and was not covered. They eventually honored the agreement after trying to sell two more lines in case I meet someone who i want give the gift of a phone. I'VE HAD IT, I TAKING MY NUMBER TO ALLTEL.

Collapse -
here here
by bazza10 / January 31, 2006 4:32 AM PST

couldn't agree more, blatant overcharging, i moved to tmobile, much better, Sprint need to be taken to court by a class action, then maybe they will get their act together.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.