Phones forum

General discussion

Poll: What type of cell phone do you own?

by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / May 14, 2013 8:14 AM PDT
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Poll: What type of cell phone do you own?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Poll: What type of cell phone do you own?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I have a smartphone loaded with everything
by itsdigger / May 14, 2013 8:32 AM PDT

but that will change when my contract runs out since I have retired and don't really use it much except for calls and an occasional text. Next phone will be basic phone w/text.

Collapse -
Smart phone
by birdmantd Forum moderator / May 14, 2013 9:05 AM PDT

Currently using Motorola Razr and getting the Samsung Galaxy S4 by end of the month.

Collapse -
I have a cell phone loaded with everything.
by mgmorgan01 / May 14, 2013 10:36 PM PDT

No, usage will just change. I know, because I have already been there. Now, you will ck FB more, more pics and videos,of grand kids, talk to old retired friends.

Collapse -
I think not
by itsdigger / May 15, 2013 1:45 AM PDT

tried FB for a year and got rid of it and I don't Tweet either so like I said I will move to basic cell/w limited text messaging only because I don't want a land line.

Collapse -
I could choose two answers for this poll
by djnova50 / May 14, 2013 9:46 AM PDT

When I did have a cell phone, I just used it for calls. My plan was for 100 minutes/month and my average use was 25 minutes each month. Now, the company with which I had wireless service offers nothing less than 700 minutes/month. So, I will be without wireless service for the foreseeable future. I still have my cell phone, just no service.

Collapse -
I have one but don't use it.
by danny59 / May 14, 2013 10:08 AM PDT

I have a cell phone just in case of an emergency, and luckily I haven't had an emergency so I have never used my phone. I have one of those pay as you go plans.

Collapse -
Get a Tracphone.
by ntech2 / May 14, 2013 5:08 PM PDT

If you are really a low user of your cellphone like me a Tracphone is the best I have found at the moment. You can get a 60 minute card for 19.99 and with the right phone get those doubled or tripled for the life of the phone. If you wind up with a couple of hundred minutes stored up you can also sign up for a time only service for 5.99 a month for the months you don't need minutes.

Collapse -
a category is missing
by dg27 / May 14, 2013 10:59 AM PDT

I have an LG that has a camera: It would be considered a dumb phone by today's standards. I can text, but absolutely never do. I could pay for web access, but never will. I use the phone for calling and the camera: that's it.

Collapse -
No cell phone
by Poppypbr / May 14, 2013 11:18 AM PDT

Face to face communications: about 95%. Remaining 5% on a ground line. Family and friends mostly and an infrequent business transaction. Message service. All telemarketing routes back to Verizon. Happy $29.95/month unlimited 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year, North America.

When the power goes out, not much change. Nothing to charge. No limits. Never disturbed by a caller while in an inappropriate place. Under the radar...untrackable. Quiet, undisturbed, uninterupted bliss.

Collapse -
The same HERE!
by CathyPurvisFreeman / May 14, 2013 11:34 PM PDT
In reply to: No cell phone

Yes...I like to remain 'off the grid'! Have an OLD Motorola phone...VERY basic text, only use for occasional long distance (don't get good reception, tho), and carry in car on long trips (in case of accident). I don't even keep it turned on! Keep a corded phone in the house...for hurricanes.

Collapse -
What's a cell phone? :-D
by wpgwpg / May 14, 2013 11:31 AM PDT

Don't have one, don't need one, don't want one. Proud and happy to say so too!

Collapse -
A man from the future?
by gammaknife / May 14, 2013 8:29 PM PDT

I am sure a hundred years from now, they would wonder how people communicated without the telepathic interface - digging into pockets, flipping, sliding, entering password, fumbling with big blocks of plastic over the ear - called a phone!

Collapse -
Basic Flip Phone
by grandma golf golf / May 14, 2013 1:44 PM PDT

As basic as you can get--flip phone with camera. We've blocked texting--why pay for texts if we don't want them. I think there may be an internet function but never use it. I think cell phones are over-used, but I'm old!

Collapse -
One dumb and one smart.
by gammaknife / May 14, 2013 8:22 PM PDT

The dumb one's battery lasts longer and is more abuse tolerant in its small form factor. (a samsung phone with no camera,bluetooth or expansion). I use if for all calls and most texting. It costs $20 (Rs.1200) and no one would steal it even if i leave it somewhere at my workplace (which I usually end up doing). Since each phone is on a different network, it is sort of a redundant system. Yes, the Iphone 4 is the smart one that demands all the 'care'. Ill keep both till google glasses start running on fuel cells.

Collapse -
Cell phone equitque
by alaskagram / May 15, 2013 8:41 AM PDT

It would be interesting to look back into history to see what people were saying about the telephone 25 years after it's introduction.I bet you will find the same things said about the telephone.Belive it or not not communications was all based on face time and "snail mail" until then.

Collapse -
A bunch of luddites around here ;) (n/t)
by Pepe7 / May 30, 2013 6:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Cell phone equitque

n/t

Collapse -
trace
by nalorbingkyle / May 30, 2013 6:12 AM PDT

cherry mobile T18.

Collapse -
pls help me retriev all meseges on my simcard.
by nalorbingkyle / May 30, 2013 6:17 AM PDT
In reply to: trace

help me retriev all meseges on my sim card.im using a cherry mobile T18 celphone.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.