Phones forum

General discussion

Poll: I will buy or upgrade to the newest iPhone if Apple...

by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / August 20, 2013 9:57 AM PDT

To give you some context to this poll, check out Rick's article here: The one thing Apple must do to keep me as an iPhone customer

I will buy or upgrade to the newest iPhone this year if Apple:

-- Gives it a larger screen.
-- Gives it longer battery life.
-- Gives it NFC (near-field communication).
-- Gives it larger storage capacity.
-- Gives it wireless charging.
-- Gives it better security features.
-- Gives it a lower price.
-- Other. (What is it?)
-- I will never use an iPhone.

Cast your votes here:

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Poll: I will buy or upgrade to the newest iPhone if Apple...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Poll: I will buy or upgrade to the newest iPhone if Apple...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Keeping iPhone
by mgmorgan01 / August 20, 2013 10:36 AM PDT

I would like to see a larger screen, but when,I change, I will probably stay with Apple.

Collapse -
I would buy an iPhone if
by GERRY RAINS / August 20, 2013 11:05 AM PDT

1) As opposed to their decades long policy they lower the markup on their price by at least 30% (the markup not the price).

2) Cooperate with Google on mutually shared download apps.

which means when elephants fly.

Collapse -
I will never buy an iPhone!
by Be-Ge / August 20, 2013 3:15 PM PDT

A while ago I had the misfortune to win an iPhone 4 in a raffle, it only took me a couple of weeks to give it away to a grandchild as a toy. That iPhone now drives his parents nuts.
I have been a satisfied user of BlackBerry's for many years since I was issued the first unit by my employer. Since then I have also started using BlackBerry's privately as well. I must say that if you don't use your smartphone as a toy, then BlackBerry fulfills all your needs, Skype, BB Chat (now with video), email, etc. Also the keyboard on the BB Q10 is a treat to use.
Personally I will never buy an iPhone since I find them overpriced and too bulky to use as a cellphone, with too much crap per-installed for convenient use. Also the battery charge doesn't last long enough for heavy phone use.

Collapse -
Some Improvements That Should Be Included
by Winchester257 / August 20, 2013 3:29 PM PDT

1 ) M.H.L.

2) 24 Bit Audio support ..... 96 kHz minimum or 192 kHz ..... related >>>> FLAC Support .

3) Water Resistance

4) Built-in Mini Projector like the European Galaxy Beam

5) Better Camera .... Better Low Light Photos .... see Nokia Lumia 1020

6) Mini HDMI Output Jack

7) Better Battery Life

Cool Better Call Quality - It is a phone afterall.

9) N.F.C.

10) Storage Capacity - Expandable Storage Memory

That's just off of the top of my head. It's 2013. Let's go.

Collapse -
iPhone forever
by Susan Brodsky / August 20, 2013 4:14 PM PDT

I will always use an iPhone no matter what they offer as a new phone. I am a Mac person all the way and will never consider anything else. I love Apple, iMacs, Steve Jobs, everything Apple and always will. But that does not mean I will purchase every new iPhone every year. I am still happy with my iPhone 4. No problems. It does what I need it to. I will change when I get tired of what I have or there is some new feature that I can't resist having! Otherwise, my iPhone 4 works just fine. When I decide to upgrade, I will still get another iPhone.

Collapse -
Foolish attitude
by StevenRounds / August 22, 2013 7:56 AM PDT
In reply to: iPhone forever

So, you're saying that you'll buy an Apple even though somebody else comes out with something better? I was also all Apple for many years, and I think that the Apple OS is radically superior to anything from Microsoft, but Apple simply can't compete with Samsung's Android products. The Android OS works about as well on a phone, is better in some areas (maps, price, screen size), slightly behind in others (amount of songs), but after a RATIONAL evaluation, I switched our family's phones to Android from iOS. Are you a religious person? It sounds like you don't evaluate stuff based on a rational judgement of how well it works, but on a spiritual-attraction basis.

Collapse -
Attn: StevenRounds
by birdmantd Forum moderator / August 22, 2013 9:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Foolish attitude

Have you ignored my previous warning about flaming other members ??

Collapse -
by birdmantd Forum moderator / August 21, 2013 12:44 AM PDT

Keep the discussions civil and absolutely no name calling/flaming. Such posts are against forum rules and will be deleted without notice.

Collapse -
Iowa am totally happy with my phone
by cny123 / August 22, 2013 9:40 AM PDT

I did not start out with Apple in the smart phones. I had the Palm Treo/palm pre. I looked at the iPhone 3 and found that I liked the pre better. But the Palm went south and I needed a new phone. I hated the droids, My Dad had one. It was hard to use and figure out.
I actually converted Dad to a iPhone 5.

I am also getting older an the smaller screen is harder to use. That said I don't know if I want to be caring the Samsung on my waist. I saw some one with a large phone in a belt holder and she could not bend over.

So I guess I have to remember the most important thing. It is a Phone.

Collapse -
by Owl / August 23, 2013 3:00 PM PDT

As I have never used an iPhone there is nothing they can do to keep me as a customer.
Not saying I will never have one but, your polls often have no answer that fits.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.