The CNET Lounge

General discussion

Poll: How do you plan to spend Black Friday?

by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / November 24, 2010 2:38 AM PST

How do you plan to spend Black Friday?

-- Shopping marathon, here I come! (What are some of your tactics?)
-- Camping in front of stores waiting for them to open.(What store?)
-- Stay as far away from a big-box store as possible.
-- Enjoy my day off and do nothing.
-- Take advantage of online bargains, sitting in my undies. (What online stores?)
-- In the dark? I have no idea what you are talking about. (Here's info on it)
-- Other. (What will you be doing?)

Any outrages shopping tactics you want to share? Any horror or happy stories on previous Black Friday shopping excursions? This discussion is all about Black Friday, so if you have something topic related to share, join us in the conversation and have fun!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Poll: How do you plan to spend Black Friday?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Poll: How do you plan to spend Black Friday?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Black Friday
by evadvan / November 29, 2010 2:05 AM PST

Perhaps you should indicate that this poll is for people in the United States only.

Collapse -
HOW DO I INTEND TO SPEND BLACK FRIDAY?
by aloneinelcajon / November 29, 2010 2:08 AM PST

SITTIN' HOME WITH NUTHIN' ON BUT MY SLIPPERS & SHIRT ON AND SHOPPIN' ALL DAY ON EBAY!

Collapse -
My Black Friday
by maldelus / November 29, 2010 3:06 AM PST

I didn't go to a store of any kind in the flesh, but I did get a couple things while online. I broke my promise to myself in this regard. I bought four 1 GB memory sticks from Dell so I could bump myself up to 8 GB RAM. I also went to TigerDirect.com so I coulld get a VGA to DVI cable and two 16GB SDHC memory cards for my camers and Samsung phone.

Collapse -
Not Totally Made and Supported In USA? Not BUYING !!
by Finge / November 29, 2010 3:12 AM PST

Tired of cheap China made merchandise. Can't fix it; no parts. Can't rely on it. The stuff is killing us and the US Gov, Outsourcing, and the Union's are backsabbing the US citizen. To fight back, if it's not proven made by and supported by American companies, made in America with American made parts, I'm not buying. I'll do without.

Collapse -
bad friday
by ghosty191 / November 29, 2010 3:21 AM PST

Got up at 4am to stand in line for 1 of 6 42" tv's, just to find out mine had a hole punched through the picture screen. Took it back and had to pay more for another brand, though I did get 12 months interest free payments with that one. The rest I bought online on Amazon.com.

Collapse -
SITTING IN MY SHORTS.
by EagleBern / November 29, 2010 10:07 AM PST

DID A FAIR SIZE ORDER FOR VITAMINS AND SHOP FOR A PARTICULAR BOOK ON AMAZON. GOING TO PROCRASTINATE AND WAIT TILL LATER TO DO SERIOUS SHOPPING. REV. BERN

Collapse -
holisays what am i going to do
by oklahoma1 / December 9, 2010 7:07 AM PST

this is easy i am disabled and like every year I DO NOTHING I cannot i dont have the money to our president has said that cost of living didn't up sure did though so for years now i just wish jesus Happy Birthday it is a hard and depessiing for me so there ya go if tou want to contact me Face Book Todd dandridge

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.