Cameras forum

General discussion

point & shoot, 5 mp, swing out LCD, is there a camera....?

by mkaresh / April 9, 2006 4:24 PM PDT

I've had my mind settled on the canon a610, but after looking at it one more time I'm a little unsure of it's extra manual operations (which I most likely will never use) and the possibility of E18 error. There are simpler cameras out there with 5 megapixels, but I really like the swing out LCD (especially after trying out a Kodak Easyshare the last couple of days). This will be my first digicam. I'm not unintelligent, just not into tech stuff much!

Can anyone point me in a good direction here? Is there a site that will let you search based on feature (i.e. the swing out LCD)?

Thank you!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: point & shoot, 5 mp, swing out LCD, is there a camera....?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: point & shoot, 5 mp, swing out LCD, is there a camera....?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) oh, and I forgot to add... with quick response/short lag?nt
by mkaresh / April 9, 2006 4:33 PM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) and how 'bout decent video too? is my camera out there
by mkaresh / April 9, 2006 5:00 PM PDT
Collapse -
Articulated LCD
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / April 10, 2006 12:51 AM PDT

There is one site that will let you search for features but not for articulated LCD:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp

Her is my list of digital cameras (old and new) with articulated LCDs and 5 meg or more:

Canon G6, A95, Pro 1, S2 IS, A610, A620
Fujifilm S9000
Kodak Easy Share 1 (4 meg)
Konica Minolta A2, A200
Nikon 5400, 8400, 8700, 8800
Olympus C-7070
Panasonic FZ30
Sony R1, M1, M2

Most of those cameras are $500 (and up), but super nice cameras.

Collapse -
Buy the Canon A610
by Steves1030 / April 10, 2006 6:48 AM PDT

Buy the Canon A610 you will not be disappointed at all, o yeah get a 1GB SD memory card very cheap prices now on these cards. With this size card you will ample memory..Thid camera can take near perfect video. I have had three Canon's including the latest A610 and never had any problems... Buy the A610

Collapse -
I recommend the Canon S2 IS
by mmantei / April 10, 2006 9:03 PM PDT

While a lieelt more expensive, I highly recommend the Canon S2 IS. The 4x optical zoom on the A610 is in my opinion a very limiting factor. The S2 IS with it's 12x optical zoom makes it a lot more functional. It is 5mp and has the swing out LCD. One thing it lacks that my previous camera had (a Canon G2) is a remote control. Other than that, I have found no negatives to the camera.

Collapse -
Canon A95
by ArmaInvicta / April 11, 2006 7:02 AM PDT

this meets your requirements. Got this camera last year and have been very happy with its performance. The swingout LCD truly is a musthave.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.