Cameras forum

General discussion

Point-n-Shoot digital camera with AA battery power?

by Wing rider / March 7, 2008 7:08 PM PST

While I have two good quality digital cameras which have provided excellent service (both are Canons), one requires a proprietary rechargable battery and the other is somewhat large for my current specific need.
This will be for use while motorcycle touring and camping. Not having access to AC power, other than using a small inverter off the 12V outlet on my Gold Wing motorcycle, a compact or sub-compact point-n-shoot or possibly 4X zoom lens which uses AA batteries would be ideal.
A quick review of CNET yielded only Canon A-series cameras. Can anyone suggest any other cameras?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Point-n-Shoot digital camera with AA battery power?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Point-n-Shoot digital camera with AA battery power?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Other good cameras with AA batteries
by AndyfromVA / March 7, 2008 11:17 PM PST

Fuji A920, Nikon P50, Fuji S700, Canon SX100

Collapse -
Battery
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / March 7, 2008 11:31 PM PST

The ultra compact cameras that easily fit into your pocket all have proprietary batteries.

Because of the camera's small size, the AA battery will not fit into the camera.
And AAA batteries do not have enough power to run a digital camera.

Just about all of the camera makers have cameras that do use AA batteries, but those cameras are about the size of the Canon "A" series of cameras.

Fujifilm "A" series
Kodak Z1285, C613, C653 and C743
Nikon L14, L15, L16 and L18
Olympus FE270
Panasonic LS and LZ series
Sony S700 and S800

Collapse -
AA cameras
by Wolfpix / March 9, 2008 11:36 AM PDT

I have a Samsung S730 that uses AA batteries. It takes fine pictures, not like my digital SLR, but it's easy to carry, easy to use, and is better than most compact cameras.

Collapse -
Samsung S1050 with AA batteries
by brianken2 / January 3, 2010 10:27 AM PST

My friend has Samsung S1050 digital camera.
It uses two AA batteries. Also, AA size rechargeable batteries can be used.
If the batteries run out, just replace it with rechargeable battery to save money. I think it is a convenient camera.

Main spec: 10 Mega Pixels, 5x Optical zoom, 3.0" LCD, Lenz 7.8-39mm

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.