Windows Legacy OS

General discussion

pogo games

by flaka72941 / July 1, 2005 2:05 PM PDT

I tried to play games in pogo.com and it gives me a error message saying Java not found or not working so i installed Java and still get an error saying they were not to detect the Java. What can I do? Do some of my settings need to be changed?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: pogo games
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: pogo games
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Pogo
by TuneUp / July 1, 2005 8:13 PM PDT
In reply to: pogo games

This maybe a browser issue try several browsers like

Firefox, Mozilla, Internet Explorer, Netscape, or Opera
to test it out

Collapse -
thanks
by flaka72941 / July 3, 2005 4:40 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Pogo

Thanks for the feedback but don't think it is a browser issue. I have the same browser, Internet Exployer that I have always had but I had a problem with my puter while trying to load my mp3 player so I did a recovery and haven't been able to play pogo since. Before that I could. I think I had this problem once before and I don't remember how the problem was solved but I think it might have had something to do with my java internet settings but I have tried everything I can think of but nothing works. I un installed Java and then re-installed it and I tried both the VM Java and the Sun Java and somehow I still get the error that Java is not installed properly or is not working. I sure miss playing games in pogo so wish someone out there could help me.

Collapse -
Try it this way
by Blue_Zee / July 3, 2005 4:47 AM PDT
In reply to: thanks
Collapse -
still didn't work
by flaka72941 / July 3, 2005 2:51 PM PDT
In reply to: Try it this way

I am about to give up. I uninstalled the Java I had on my puter and went to the web site you gave me and downloaded it again and it when I went into pogo.com and tried to play a game I get the same error. (Java not found or not working). In the internet advanced options there is a box under Java Sun and 3 boxes under Microsoft VM. Should I have a check beside all those boxes? I would appreciate any help you or anyone out there could give me.

Collapse -
In my system
by Blue_Zee / July 3, 2005 5:47 PM PDT
In reply to: still didn't work

I have Java (Sun) checked.

Under Microsoft VM, only JIT compiler is checked.

Zee

Collapse -
pogo problems
by tashultz1 / April 17, 2009 3:31 AM PDT
In reply to: thanks

This problem is not with your computer the new java 6 update 13 has a bug that is causing all sorts of problems running pogo games. I even went as far as to call my internet service and they said there is a bug in the jave update and it is not my computer or internet connection.

Collapse -
no sound in Pogo games after I updated my java in April 2009
by UndieWhere / April 18, 2009 5:42 AM PDT
In reply to: pogo problems

omg! I'm about to scream with this java crap and all the problems I'm having since I downloaded their updates!! My story is just a tad long, but I HAVE to get this out! here goes...I have the ancient Windows ME (runs like a champ tho), have always been able to play on Pogo (9 yrs now), but a few of months ago, maybe Jan '09, every time I clicked to play in my room, that dumb java window would pop up asking me if I want to install the latest version of java. Weeellll, for months now I have been able to click "NO" and go right back and click on my room and get in - no problem...ever! All of a sudden last week, out of the blue, I can't load my room when I click "NO" to install the latest version of java. Obviously that wasn't gonna work out, so I finally clicked "YES" and downloaded the POS....guess what? I can load all my games, but I have no sound...I have been scouring the internet trying to figure out what to do. I have installed and uninstalled so much, I've lost track. I've been to all types of sites like this, tried their suggestions and nothin', nada, zero, zilch! Jave claims to have a "fix" for this problem, guess what again? No fix for Windows ME!! I really hate OS's!!! I don't get them, don't wanna get them, but why can't they just keep working forever and always have downloads available for it? Why, oh why must the powers that be "retire" OS's and the support for them? All I want is my frickin' Java to work, you know...load my games and HAVE sound...or am I asking too much? I want my sound back when I'm playing my games, so if you happen to be that one person - the TRULY, FOR SURE, 100% POSITIVE person that knows how to get my sound back, please email me or reply....I make some killer homemade pies and margaritas and would be willing to negotiate a deal. I just want someone to say, "oh you have windows me and need to know how to get your sound back after downloading java updates? Just go to this link and click on, it downloads what you need....then I race back to HEAR the sounds in my Pogo games!! Hey now! I can dream, can't I?

Collapse -
no sound in pogo games

I too have to same problem with pogo games, I downloaded java, and no sound with the games. I e-mailed pogo and they have no explanation why I don't have any sound. I like playing on the site, but with no sound it's not much fun anymore. So if you get an answer post it. I too have tried everything to get sound, downloaded new drivers, directx, you name it and nothing worked, so i am about as frustrated as they come. CAN SOMEBODY HELP!

Collapse -
Windows ME Sound issues W/Pogo
by JFredW / June 9, 2009 1:38 AM PDT

You just told my story, word for word. It seems that the Java VM that enabled Windows ME to get sound with Pogo games, stopped working for everybody about the same time. I just wonder if this is something Microsoft could have done to force everybody with Windows ME to upgrade. I'm mad and frustrated, after trying everything to get my sound back. If you found a solution to this, please E-Mail me at RepMaj04@aol.com. But I suspect there is no fix for this.

Collapse -
Please read the help at pogo that provides assistance on
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 9, 2009 2:00 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re: Java
by TuneUp / July 3, 2005 3:54 PM PDT

The options i've chosen for you Flaka would either be to install java runtime environment at http://www.java.com/
or consider reinstalling Internet Explorer 6 SP1 if all fails try reading up on one of there FAQ's or help page

Collapse -
Re: Java Site
by TuneUp / July 3, 2005 3:58 PM PDT

The above post was the official java website although there is a website called java.sun.com which is a developer network site for java users that use a totally different type of java programs

Collapse -
PROBLEMS LOADING GAMES AT POGO (JAVA NOT WORKING)
by Schilling34 / January 2, 2008 4:35 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Java Site

Hi All. I've had to "fix" this twice now. Unfortunately, the error message says "Java Not Found or ...". It is NOT a Java problem.

This is a POPUP blocker program. You have to make sure that popups are "enabled" for Pogo.com. I run Zone Alarm and I change the settings to "allow" popups for Pogo.

I just changed them and I'm playing now.

I guarantee this will solve the problem.

Happy gaming!

Collapse -
Re: Problems Loading Games At Pogo (Java Not Working)
by tootsone / December 10, 2008 9:36 AM PST

Schilling34, You are absolutely right. I did all kinds of things to get into pogo, including changing browsers, so I took your advice, went to pogo and clicked "allow popups" and it worked. Thank you!

Collapse -
pogo games
by Gerald Myers / February 7, 2008 12:16 AM PST

I cannot get my pogo games to work it is saying java not found can you help me

Collapse -
Sorry no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 7, 2008 1:08 AM PST
Collapse -
Java - Facebook
by vicpivo / February 13, 2008 5:51 AM PST
In reply to: Sorry no.

I don't know if this is the same thing, but I frequently get error messages about a run time error when using facebook.

It states to correct this I need to install an updated Java program. I have done this (via the link above) and it has made no difference.

I have used my account on a friends PC with Windows XP and their is no problem. Is this Windows ME specific? Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Collapse -
Good luck.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 13, 2008 5:55 AM PST
In reply to: Java - Facebook

You may have some toxic combo of web blocker or other issue. It's not in your post and I'm slowly forgetting all those combos.

Collapse -
God knows!
by vicpivo / February 13, 2008 6:01 AM PST
In reply to: Good luck.

I'm not really sure - I've tried via IE V6 and Maxthon but I get the same issues.

I have disabled all firewalls & blockers but still have the same problem.

Is their more info I can give to try and diagnose the problem?

Collapse -
Any Norton, McAfee?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 13, 2008 6:36 AM PST
In reply to: God knows!

I went round and round with Norton to find out what a setting did that killed Pogo. Symantec never did tell us what it did. Eventually we turned off almost every protection to get Pogo to work.

Sorry if that's not it but "protection" software, blockers are common causes.

Collapse -
Is it possible?
by j.blakeney / September 9, 2008 6:30 PM PDT
In reply to: Good luck.

Is it possible to play pogo on iphone. It reads java not installed. I've heard of ziphone, would this help?

Collapse -
Definitely a misplaced post.
by Kees Bakker / September 9, 2008 6:45 PM PDT
In reply to: Is it possible?

This is a forum about Windows ME. Not about iPhones.

Please repost your question in our iPhone forum http://forums.cnet.com/5204-12545_102-0.html?forumID=131 and tell more on what you did before it read java not installed.

And, no, I don't think ziphone will help, but if you do think so, use it at your own risk.

Kees

Collapse -
p0g0 heart game
by ronjer / October 10, 2008 5:51 AM PDT

why cant i get java to allow me to play your games

Collapse -
Java not found or not working
by Bren1214 / December 2, 2008 4:28 PM PST

tried to play games in pogo.com and it gives me a error message saying Java not found or not working so i installed Java and still get an error saying they were not to detect the Java. What can I do? Do some of my settings need to be changed?

Collapse -
ccleaner
by Nightmares0nwax / December 7, 2008 7:54 PM PST

download ccleaner that will get rid of a few gigs off your hard drive

www.ccleaner.com

you need 10% of your hard drive free for a defrag.

Collapse -
java or javascript?
by Nightmares0nwax / December 10, 2008 5:34 PM PST

you have java disabled. did it say javascript or java runtime?

if its java runtime you need to download the most recent version here
http://www.java.com/en always keep it updated and never have it running at system startup, not so long ago java was included in the infamous list of software packages that had remote exploit vulnerabilities. as long as its running only when you need it youl be fine.

secondly to enable java script on IE there are two ways.

open an IE window :-

tools > internet options > security > click the internet icon > click "Default level" box .. then change the slider to the appropriate level. the lower it is the less secure you are to "viruses"

or you can click on the "custom level" box and enable/disable java script there. be careful not to change anything else.

Collapse -
i should mention..
by Nightmares0nwax / December 10, 2008 5:35 PM PST
In reply to: java or javascript?

that java fixed thier vulnerabilities with the most recent release.

Collapse -
oh and..
by Nightmares0nwax / December 10, 2008 5:36 PM PST
In reply to: i should mention..

for firefox its..

tools > options > content. youc an choose to enable java and JS there.

regards spoon

Collapse -
pogo java sound in games
by spacelike / July 22, 2009 9:09 AM PDT

Dear Sir: I have no sound in all games. Help. I am a pogo member e-mail gtm1959@suddenlink.net.

Collapse -
No private email.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 22, 2009 9:11 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Magazine

The summer issue is here!

In the latest edition of our quarterly magazine, we look at how you can spend your summer getting fit and having fun. Pick up a copy on newsstands today or order it now.