Samsung forum

Alert

PN51E550D1F red tint after firmware upgrade 1025

by tg88 / December 16, 2012 12:39 PM PST

The other day I did the frimware 1025 (fix for interferance at 1080p etc. Did the update from tv while connected to internet.
That did fix the issue with the syncplus app.
But now on standared picture setting there is a red tint, makes faces look pink and can not get it out with the tint adjustment or flesh tone adjustment. It is like they have little or no effect.

Movie picture setting is ok and dynamic has a lot of pink or red in it also.

Picture was fine before this firmware 1025.
Firmware 1024 had no issues with red tint.
1025 has red tint to picture.
Any ideas if it is a firmware glitch?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PN51E550D1F red tint after firmware upgrade 1025
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PN51E550D1F red tint after firmware upgrade 1025
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
re
by tg88 / December 17, 2012 10:56 PM PST

Any info ?

Collapse -
phone shupport
by tg88 / December 17, 2012 11:57 PM PST
In reply to: re

Just got off the phone with Tech support. They are trying to tell me its a hardware issue. I am certain this is caused by the firmware 1025.
Firmware1024 was perfect, firmware 1023 the one that cased the tv to get stuck in Dynamic mode had the red tint.
I had to do a factory reset after firmware 1023 to get it un stuck from Dynamic Mode. This is where I had the red tint for the first time.

1024 had no pictures issues at all picture was perfect
1025 red tint in standard mode, movie mode has green tint hue on faces.
Dynamic mode red is way to high.
Tint and flesh tone adjustments has very little to no effect at all.
All this after upgrade to firmware 1025

Just want the issue fixed as I am tired of having other problems introduced by trying to fix the interference issue at 1080p. Yea 1080p issue is fixed now, but now I have the red tint.
About ready to give up on Samsung products and move on.

Collapse -
Re: phone shupport
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 18, 2012 12:50 AM PST
In reply to: phone shupport
Collapse -
Sorry but I gotta ask.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2012 12:55 AM PST

Was this set ever "calibrated"? If it was I wonder if the folk that did were in the service menu (please don't go in there!) and this firmware counts on the defaults.

If not, then I'd ask those that do this to look at it and ask if calibration would correct it.

All this may not apply but something like this happened last year and they had to get it re-calibrated as they had it calibrated and an update came down and the colors were all off.
Bob

Collapse -
re
by tg88 / December 18, 2012 1:00 AM PST
In reply to: Sorry but I gotta ask.

No never.
Firmware is causing the issue.
In the avs forum others are having the same issue on 10025.

Collapse -
Had to ask.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2012 1:04 AM PST

You may want to supply a link to that other discussion for HD_Tech to see.
Bob

Collapse -
Wow...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 18, 2012 1:05 AM PST
In reply to: Had to ask.

Now that's ESP in action. -- HD Tech

Collapse -
Re: AVS Thread?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 18, 2012 1:04 AM PST

Hi tg88, link to AVS thread? -- HD Tech

Collapse -
re
by tg88 / December 18, 2012 1:36 AM PST
In reply to: Re: AVS Thread?

It is 1023 that is where the issue started and 1024 was fine.
Red tint is back at 1025.
When I get home I will have to find the link its not the same tv but same issue with firmware 1023 and 1025 with the red tint issue.

Having your set calibrated is a waist of money. I will not have that done to this tv.

Collapse -
re picture reset
by tg88 / December 18, 2012 1:49 AM PST
Collapse -
Re: Picture Issue
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 18, 2012 11:47 PM PST
In reply to: re link

Hi tg88,

On that thread, there was one other customer in October who was experiencing this issue, so this is before this current firmware of 1025. I realize you said it existed on 1023, but did it exist for your or bearzfan on AVS? I ask because yours is the only report we have thus far with this firmware, and there are a lot of people with this TV.

So unless I start seeing more of these crop up, I've got to go with hardware issue of some kind as well, which would be a service issue; here's the thread where you can get details on setting that up: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-542437/service-issues-click-here-for-help/

HD Tech

Collapse -
re
by tg88 / December 19, 2012 4:27 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Picture Issue

It started on 1023 thats the one where is got stuck on Dynamic mode. reset the tv to get it off Dynamic mode where the red tint started.
1024 was prefect no red tint perfect picture. Was back to normal.
1025 red tint or hue is back. Kack of any adjustment or very little.
It does adjust for tint or flesh tone but very little.
I keep the tv to close the standard default settings.
cell light 11
color 48
brightness 45
contrast 85
tint middle 50
flesh tone 0
Dynamic contrast low
eco on low
After the update to 1025 there was a big shift to pink on peoples faces
I allways reset it after an update and put the settings I just posted back in.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.