Video Games & Consoles forum

General discussion

please help, ps3 set-up problem

by wink180 / February 18, 2007 3:40 PM PST

Hi guys,
I have a PS3 which i have been using fine with an HDMI cable,
however I have now had to change to a non HD tv and I cannot get the ps to work with the AV cable (standard-red white and yellow inputs), how do i get the ps3 to work on the normal TV?! many thanks, very frustrating!
Ross

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: please help, ps3 set-up problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: please help, ps3 set-up problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
settings
by bevillan / February 18, 2007 11:07 PM PST

In the display settings have you turned the PS3 on 480i? If the setting is for 1080p/1080i/720p it might just not display anything.

Collapse -
PS3 WIFI HELP!!!
by zisforz / February 21, 2007 11:35 PM PST

I got a 20 GB Playstation 3 for x-mas and was wondering what would be the easiest and reliable way to connect it so that I can be wireless. As I have a wifi network in my house but the PS3 20gb doesn't have Wifi...
Any ideas???

Thanks

Collapse -
Linksys gaming adapter
by bloodyR / March 2, 2007 4:19 AM PST
In reply to: PS3 WIFI HELP!!!
Collapse -
Video reset
by ..ben / March 2, 2007 6:29 AM PST

Eject the game/Turn it on, wait a sec while it loads the XMB, then hold the power button down until it beeps twice. This will reset the display settings, reverting to the default Display Settings (480i via composite video).

Best,
Ben

Collapse -
PS3 Reset not working?
by avid320 / May 17, 2008 3:55 PM PDT
In reply to: Video reset

if you're like me and you keep getting the three beeps, and you're willing to BLINDLY change the settings manually then read on.

Turn on the PS3
choose your user name
press and hold LEFT to move to the end
press RIGHT once to land on the SETTINGS
press X to select SETTINGS
press UP once to land on SYSTEM UPDATE (DO NOT press x)
carefully press DOWN ten times to land on DISPLAY
press X to select DISPLAY
press X to select RESOLUTION
-for HDMI press X
-for AV MULTI press DOWN three times then press X
the screen will flicker and change to that setting
finally you can see the choices.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.