Windows 7

Question

PLEASE HELP A NEWBIE! WIN 7 EMAIL APPEARANCE REALLY SCREWED

by midela / February 2, 2013 9:25 AM PST

Hi Everyone!
I surely hope that someone out there, can help me!
I turned off my HPG71270 Laptop, for a while this morning, then fired it back up, and suddenly I received every junk email I'd ever received, in my junk email box, along with a whole pile of emails, that I'd (casually but not permanently) deleted, and had left in my deleted email box.
Not only that, my Win 7 Email task bar, & this is so annoying, is now over top of the top few emails, in my Boxes! So, I cannot do anything with the top few, because I can't SEE them!
I also noticed that , at the bottom, where my icons used to be, for mail, calendar, contacts, well they're gone, replaced with a vertical list of the words instead!
So, as you can see, I REALLY need some help here!
I called my ISP, but there is nobody in the "engineering" dept"., for the weekend.
?PLEASE, someone? Help me with this mess?
I swear I'll clear out all of those old emails, that I thought I'd done away with!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PLEASE HELP A NEWBIE! WIN 7 EMAIL APPEARANCE REALLY SCREWED
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PLEASE HELP A NEWBIE! WIN 7 EMAIL APPEARANCE REALLY SCREWED
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
More info?
by spittsp / February 2, 2013 11:16 AM PST

WhaT browser and what email?

Collapse -
Windows 7 Email is all mixed up!
by midela / February 2, 2013 1:42 PM PST
In reply to: More info?

Hi!
I use Windows 7, Windows Live Mail. Although I don't know why my "browser" matters, I use Chrome.

My Windows Live Mail has nothing to do with Chrome. It is often closed, when I access my email.

When I turn on my Laptop, the first thing I do, is open my email, I don't turn on Chrome, until later.
All I did, was simply start up my Laptop, open my email, and boom! all this stuff appeared, in my junk box and my inbox, and my deleted box. As well, several of my older emails, from last year and earlier, back to 2011, are showing up duplicated, and mutiplicated.

I have not heard anything back, from my ISP.
Can you, or anybody, PLEASE HELP ME?
Thank You So Much!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.