Computer Help forum

General discussion

playing music when the laptop is closed

by oneCNETuser / February 9, 2008 3:34 PM PST

I have Mac OS X 10.4 Intel Core 2 Duo
Please someone answer me!!! I made a post under the Mac OS forum section but no one is answering. My question is if it's possible, to have music to continue playing even when my MacBook Pro laptop is closed. I'm not very computer literate. Please help!!! So I just want to be able to continue to listen to play music through iTunes with an earphone plugged in while the laptop is closed down.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: playing music when the laptop is closed
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: playing music when the laptop is closed
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Maybe. . .
by Coryphaeus / February 9, 2008 8:35 PM PST

In a PC there is a setting in Power Options to set the laptop to do nothing when the lid is closed. Maybe something in the MAC?

Collapse -
MacBook's rquire Hack for staying on while lid closed
by PCWizKid / February 9, 2008 8:47 PM PST

Hi, MacBooks are meant to go into suspend always when the lid is closed, the only thing you can do is get a hack to disable the system default setup. This has always been an annoying thing about the MacBooks in general. I have a both a Windows Laptop and a Mac notebook so I know the differences. You can get a hack called InsomniaX from here:

Collapse -
by PCWizKid / February 9, 2008 9:51 PM PST
Collapse -
regarding responses
by oneCNETuser / February 10, 2008 4:26 AM PST
In reply to: UPDATE

Thanks everyone for answering me. Happy

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.