Android forum

General discussion

Pictures - upload to PC from original Android

by marinisa / February 25, 2011 9:02 PM PST

I have an android Verizon 1st edition. How do I upload my pictures to my PC. Do I need a special application loaed on my PC to upload?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Pictures - upload to PC from original Android
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Pictures - upload to PC from original Android
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Here is what you could
by Sovereign Forum moderator / February 26, 2011 3:32 AM PST

normally do on any phone. If you:

(1) have a USB cable, you can mount your Android as a disk and copy the files off that way.
(2) have an SD card adapter, you can take out the microSD card, place it in the adapter, and then insert the card into your PC's memory card reader.
(3) have Internet on your phone, you can use an app like Dropbox to sync your files with your computer over the Internet.

One of these methods has to work, right? Happy

~Sovereign

Collapse -
USB -
by marinisa / March 5, 2011 10:53 PM PST
In reply to: Here is what you could

Once I hooked the phone to the PC - the phone had an icon at the top for USB storage and it said to launch it. Then my PC is installing a motorola device driver now. All automatically. It failed the installation Motorolla A855 failed.

Collapse -
What about options 2 and 3?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 5, 2011 10:59 PM PST
In reply to: USB -

As to the USB option I find folk today do not want to find drivers or fiddle with a PC.
Bob

Collapse -
USB the simplest way
by CaribeMike / February 28, 2011 4:36 AM PST

You don't need a special app, just connect a USB from your phone to your PC, there will be a prompt on your phone to "Mount", then I use the "View Folders" option on my PC to drag n drop my pics or other files. There is also a free program from Motorola called "MotoConnect" you can use to transfer & sync when you connect via USB.
I would avoid removing your card from the phone as the original Droid is set up in a pretty inconvenient way to do that. USB works fine with either drag n drop or MotoConnect.

Collapse -
The easy way...
by birdmantd Forum moderator / March 6, 2011 5:17 AM PST

is to send from your phone as an email and open the email on the computer.

Collapse -
Well that dependes on your connection.
by orlbuckeye / March 6, 2011 10:44 AM PST
In reply to: The easy way...

Using your phone as a disk is faster and no affected by connection.

Collapse -
Success!
by marinisa / March 6, 2011 7:54 PM PST

I think I was making this harder than it was supposed to be. Once I hooked my phone to the PC it was acting like a thunb drive. I hit the F drive where my new hardware was located and there were about ten folders. I clicked on each folder until I saw pictures. I then hit copy, and then I pasted them to the C: drive Pictures folder I have all my other pictures in. Thanks for all the posts trying to help me!

Collapse -
USB hookup
by pkennedy / April 16, 2011 5:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Success!

make sure your phone is turned on... then hook up the USB cable to your PC...wait until it recognizes your phone...autoplay window will probably popup.. you can cancel it... go to your PC..open up Windows Explorer...

the tree down the left side should show your phone as a Letter drive... click on the + next to that letter drive and open that up...the Camera folder holding the pics is usually in the DCIM folder.. open that up... copy and paste any/all pics from the Camera folder to a folder---you can create a New Pic Folder like I have Droid2Pics---on your PC that should be above that in your tree on Windows Explorer..

Collapse -
CD software
by sandraseeves / March 9, 2011 3:32 PM PST

Doesn't your phone package comes with a CD with a software with it? Try searching online for an app that you can use for uploading an image to/from PC and Android device.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.