Samsung forum

General discussion

Picture jumps every few seconds.

by easterrk / December 26, 2009 8:36 AM PST

I have a Samsung LN -T4061F model I bought two years ago. Over the past two days I have noticed that the TV picture jumps every few seconds. In the trouble shooting section of the manuel it says to adjust the course tuning and then the fine tuning to fix the problem. However, I cannot find out how to do this anywhere in the manuel. I found out how to adjust the fine tuning but that is only for individual channels. I need some help on how to fix this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Picture jumps every few seconds.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Picture jumps every few seconds.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Picture jumps every few seconds.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 26, 2009 11:08 AM PST

easterrk,

Is this happening on all inputs? Do you have a cable/sat box connected to the unit?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Checked the other inputs
by easterrk / December 26, 2009 12:14 PM PST

I checked to see if it jumps in other modes and it does not when I am playing a DVD. It does jump when I have it on the AV2 or HDMI inputs which are both from my Direct TV DVR box. My old tube TV is connected to a regular Direct TV box and it does not jump. I guess it is the DVR box then. It just updated itself twice over the past few days saying it had a critical error. After it updated it was fine for a little while but the jumping returned after a little while. I will call Direct TV and have them replace my DVR box. I hope this will take care of the problem. Thanks for your help.

Collapse -
Checked the other inputs
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 26, 2009 12:48 PM PST

easterrk,

You might try calling the cable/sat company and ask them to reset or refresh the box. DirecTV is pretty responsive, and can do it while you're on the phone.

It might be worth trying in the meantime.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
DVR Reset or replacement is next
by easterrk / December 27, 2009 1:07 AM PST

I'll call them soon, I'm going out of town for a few days. I will see if it works correctly after it is reset. However, I have my doubts since I have reset it twice myself and the box reset itself twice already. If it doesn't work after another reset they will just have to give me a new DVR box. Thanks for your help. I am glad it is not my TV, I was pretty sure it wasn't because of the great quality of Samsung products. I will let you know what happens once I get back from vacation and contact them. Thanks again and have a great day.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.