Mac Applications

Question

Photostream and icloud

by Padwil / August 19, 2013 11:23 PM PDT

Can not get PC photostream to sync photos with Macbook air or iphone or vice versa. Macbook Air, iphone, and ipod touch are all syncing properly. Any help would be appreciated

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Photostream and icloud
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Photostream and icloud
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: syncing
by Kees_B Forum moderator / August 19, 2013 11:30 PM PDT
In reply to: Photostream and icloud

What exactly is "PC photostream"?
And where is it written that it should sync with iCloud?

Kees

Collapse -
Photostream and PC
by Padwil / August 20, 2013 2:40 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: syncing

Photostream is when you take a photo on iphone or ipad it streams through icloud to all other things that are set up. ie ipad, ipod, PC.

I have icloud and Photostream on my PC, Macbook Air and iphone and they are all supposed to sinc. Macbook Air and iphone sincs but nothing gets updated on my PC. I have checked all the settings and followed instructions found on Forums but still can not get it to work. I must be missing something.

Collapse -
Re: photostream
by Kees_B Forum moderator / August 20, 2013 6:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Photostream and PC

So PC Photostream is a program from Apple that you installed on your PC?

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
Delete the Photostream from the PC.
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / August 20, 2013 10:56 PM PDT
In reply to: Photostream and icloud
Collapse -
Success
by Padwil / August 21, 2013 1:37 AM PDT

I checked all my settings are they were all correct. The only thing I hadn't known was from PC to Ipad I had to open from Pictures/Photostream/and pop desired photo into the Uploads folder. Without changing anything it also started working from Ipad to PC.

Thank you for taking the trouble to try and help.

Collapse -
You're welcome
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / August 21, 2013 8:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Success

Glad you got it sorted

P

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Magazine

The summer issue is here!

In the latest edition of our quarterly magazine, we look at how you can spend your summer getting fit and having fun. Pick up a copy on newsstands today or order it now.