Photo Editing & Graphic Design forum

General discussion

PhotoFunStudio 5. opens, but immediately stops working

by valpospartan / December 29, 2010 9:41 AM PST

I'm using Windows Vista. It took several tries to install PHOTOfunSTUDIO 5.0. Now it is installed, but when I open it, it does open (all my photos are there), but immediately this Windows error message appears:"Photofunstudio has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program." Then two choices are given: 1, CLOSE THE PROGRAM & 2. DEBUG THE PROGRAM.
If I click #2, there is no debugger found.
Bottom line is that I can't use the program.
Any help will be appreciated.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PhotoFunStudio 5. opens, but immediately stops working
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PhotoFunStudio 5. opens, but immediately stops working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This app came with some camera.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 29, 2010 9:45 AM PST

While I found the app's home page I found I need the model of the camera to see if there are updates or support.

Tell a little more.

Collapse -
by valpospartan / December 29, 2010 11:41 AM PST

Panasonic DMC-FH20.

Collapse -
Just checking.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 29, 2010 12:15 PM PST

I read the following at link.

"Firmware Update
For Windows 7 compatibility and other functional upgrades, update your PHOTOfunSTUDIO at "

Collapse -
by valpospartan / December 30, 2010 6:58 AM PST
In reply to: Just checking.

But I'm using Vista.
I installed it in my XP SP3 PC and have no problems running it.

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 30, 2010 10:45 AM PST

But I read it addressed issues in Vista as well. If that didn't help then contact Panasonic for support.

Collapse -
by valpospartan / December 30, 2010 11:38 AM PST
In reply to: Sorry.

Collapse -
by Lorimoe / January 15, 2011 10:39 AM PST

Did you ever find a solution to your PhotofunStudio software? I have Windows Vista and having the same problem. Have uninstalled and installed several times and stops working immediately everytime. Cannot even close the program.

Collapse -
Just checking.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 15, 2011 1:28 PM PST
In reply to: Solution?

Did you read this discussion in full and try the update at link?

Collapse -
by Lorimoe / January 16, 2011 9:36 AM PST
In reply to: Just checking.

Yes, I have the 5.1 HD edition. I tried the 5.0 update that I had saw somewhere someone said to try but it did not work since I did not have the 5.0 edition. I did update with the 5.1 update and still it did not solve the problem. I also ran as adminsitrator. I seemed to get a little further into browsing the program before it "stopped working" again, but only a couple of mintues.

Collapse -
That run as administrator can be a clue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 16, 2011 2:30 PM PST
In reply to: PhotofunStudio

I'm encountering a few apps that do that when they are firewalled off or an antivirus suite with a privacy protection is active. But at least you found the update.

If you want to dig a little deeper, clear the EVENT VIEWER in Vista, then crash again and see if any new clues show up. In one case the member found a video driver needed an update.

Collapse -
Antivirus worked for me
by JimJamTrousers / July 14, 2012 6:59 PM PDT

Just wanted to thank those on this thread for the advice. I had the same issue; using 5.1, and had to force my AV (AVG) to allow the EXE within its permissions settings; then it was able to run a search for updates without seeing the error message as per above. Sorted.

Collapse -
Photofunstudio 5.1
by ajb1981 / June 16, 2014 4:19 AM PDT

I have windows 7 and trying to install photofunstudio 5.1 on it and getting the same recurring problems as Lorimoe - installed it but moments later after booting it up, it says its stopped working, and that i can either close program or debug. debug doesnt do anything.

I have tried the link above several times for 5.1 but this does not help. Have also restarted and uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I have also tried running as administrator and no difference.
I used to have it running on an Windows XP previously and it worked fine on there.

When it was installing, it said something about an OS or SP affecting or that its not supported by the programme or something ,not sure if that has anything to do with it.

As the last person stated, Jim Jam Trousers, something about anti virus (assuming that is what AV is, im not that computer language savvy, sorry) but i dont know how to do this. can some one please advise? im finding it increasingly frustrating now! spent most of my day doing this and trying to resolve the problem

Many thanks

Collapse -
This thread is more than 1264 days old.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 16, 2014 4:22 AM PDT

And no one can reply to your new post.

You may want to post so that others can reply to you.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.