Photo Editing & Graphic Design forum

General discussion

Photodex Presenter

by dmoo53 / December 18, 2010 3:24 AM PST

Trying to extract files or pictures from Photodex presenter to print out pictures using windows 7.Any way to do this or any free software program?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Photodex Presenter
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Photodex Presenter
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I would cheat.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 18, 2010 3:30 AM PST
In reply to: Photodex Presenter

As I understand it, Photodex Presenter is a browser plugin that allows images to be displayed in a browser window as a slide show.

If you are unable to 'right click' each image and select "Save Image As" to your hard drive, then I would cheat.

I would Pause the presentation for each image I wanted, then "Print Screen" on the keyboard. Open the saved image in your favored Image Editor, and print from there.

Beware any copyright issues if you plan to distribute the photos.

Mark

Collapse -
Photodex presenter
by dmoo53 / December 18, 2010 5:19 AM PST
In reply to: I would cheat.

Mark,
Have already tried both things you mention. Neither work.

Collapse -
Strange
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 18, 2010 5:22 AM PST
In reply to: Photodex presenter

I'm surprised Screen Print doesn't work as all it does is 'captures' the screen.

What happens when you try that? I should have mentioned that a screen print only copies the image to the clipboard. You then have to open your image editor, (I use Paint), then goto Edit > Paste, to paste the image into the editor. Then crop it as you wish and then save it.

Mark

Collapse -
Photodex presenter
by dmoo53 / December 18, 2010 6:42 AM PST
In reply to: Strange

Nothing.Just wondered if there is a program to open this slide show. These are 35mm slides that are put on this program by a family member. I even called Photodex and asked them. I have seen the question about doing this on the internet with no good workable answer.

Collapse -
Since two things are clear now.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2010 6:55 AM PST

1. The family member has the files, why not ask for them?

2. Photodex has a free trial for Proshow Gold, why not try it?

Bob

Collapse -
Photodex presenter
by dmoo53 / December 18, 2010 7:46 AM PST

1. Family member can't find the 35mm slides that are on the skide show.
2. Proshow Gold does not open photodex presenter to extract files or photos.
Have downloaded numerous programs that do not work.

Collapse -
The item 1 again.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2010 7:53 AM PST

They created it from some things. Ask for those.

As to screen capture, if print screen is down, look for alternate screen cap software. Too many to give any a nod.
Bob

Collapse -
Try Snagit program.
by moontampa / July 24, 2013 10:41 PM PDT
In reply to: I would cheat.

Try Snagit. It will work.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.