Phones forum

Question

Phone Advice

by OHWillie / January 31, 2013 4:49 AM PST

Hey all-

I am looking for advice on my next phone. First some info about me-

I have 2 phones. 1 for work and 1 personal. My personal phone is a iPhone 5 on At & t. My work phone is through Sprint and is currently a HTC Evo. I absolutely hate my Evo. I am a big fan of Apple and have been a iPhone user for years.

I am debating if I just want to get another iPhone for work. I can re-use my apps, music, etc. that I have purchased. The techie in me see's this as a boring option as I already have an iPhone. I am considering giving Android another try by going with the Galaxy S3. I really think the Evo is why I have a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to Android. I am also considering waiting for the S4 or next iPhone. I really do not think I have the patience to wait for a new toy AND I hate my Evo and would like to get rid of it.

So my options:

1. Get another iPhone.
2. Get a Galaxy S3
3. Get next gen Galaxy or iPhone. Unfortunately there is telling when these will be released. The iPhone I am guessing will be in the fall and the S4 looks like it could be April or May but hard to know for sure.

What do you guys think I should do? Is there another phone I should consider? I definitely do not want a windows phone. I also have ruled out the new BB.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Phone Advice
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Phone Advice
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Look Beyond Android
by Luke_B / February 1, 2013 10:35 PM PST
In reply to: Phone Advice

There is life now beyond Android and iOS. How about windows phone 8? Change is inevitable and if you want a break from iOS, Lumia 920/8X would be a fine choice.

Collapse -
Problem with Windows Mobile.....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / February 1, 2013 11:27 PM PST
In reply to: Look Beyond Android

The main issue is that its application store is nowhere as robust as Android or Apple's.

Collapse -
Answer
Why do you hate the Evo?
by FonDog / February 7, 2013 12:07 AM PST
In reply to: Phone Advice

What do you hate about your Evo?

If it is related to it being an older/slower phone or HTC Sense, then maybe the S3 would be worth a shot.

If it is related to Android and the OS as a whole, then maybe Android would not be best for you. If you want something different from an iPhone (as you already have an iPhone), then maybe look into WP8 or something else. While the app store is growing, most of the essentials are available and your personal phone already has all the apps you could possibly want and then some. Or you could try and stick with the Evo until the next iPhone comes out.

Collapse -
Re-read the OP's post above
by Pepe7 / February 8, 2013 12:32 AM PST

He says he has ruled out WP. Why recommend it in that case???

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.