Speakeasy forum

Rant

Phil in court.

by Dafydd Forum moderator / March 22, 2013 2:41 AM PDT
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Phil in court.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Phil in court.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'm originally from Ohio
by TONI H / March 22, 2013 5:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Phil in court.

but most of my family is still located in and near the Cleveland area.......sister was out shoveling snow again today and after hearing her complain again this morning about how tired she is of having 'cabin fever' this winter, I actually got a kick out of this 'lawsuit' story I saw on the news yesterday. We had an extremely informative discussion recently about all the snow that has constantly covered the midwest and a remark a farmer out there made.......he said "people are complaining about how they are unable to drive in it, but the farmers love it". My sister didn't realize how snow and lots of it actually affects the crops and successful growing seasons........she wound up with a new appreciation for how successful her northern veggie garden is in the spring and summer following a heavy winter downfall of the white stuff. I didn't have that appreciation either when I first moved here to southwest VA 25 years ago until I talked with the local farmers and how much they depended on it. I remember how the first five years I was here we had very little snow each year and how really crappy my own veggie garden was the following summer those years, and saw the huge difference when the snows fell on a regular basis for a long period of time after that.

I never put much stock into a stupid groundhog that I would shoot here without batting an eyelash and how many my dogs killed on a regular basis (groundhogs are very destructive critters) and would see people driving here and deliberately aiming at them with their car/truck wheels when they were seen at the road's edge. For really fat, short legged creatures, they could travel pretty quickly and their agility to turn on a dime and outfox a predator to dive into a burrow with tunnels leading all over the place, always with numerous 'backdoor entrances' is about the only smart thing they're good at.

As for Phil.....lock the fraud up and throw away the key. They do that to other psychics who rip people off with phony predictions, right? heheheheh At least a buzzard serves a purpose....I still haven't figured out the purpose of a groundhog yet.

Collapse -
Purpose of a Groundhog.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / March 22, 2013 6:54 AM PDT

Replacement for Chuck Norris' beard?

Dafydd.

Collapse -
(NT) Davy Crockett hat......................AND an appetizer?
by JP Bill / March 22, 2013 6:57 AM PDT
Collapse -
Raccoon.......and road kill dinner?
by TONI H / March 22, 2013 8:26 AM PDT

You have your animals mixed up........and only The Beverly Hillbillies went public about eating road kill.

Collapse -
Groundhog.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / March 22, 2013 8:45 AM PDT

Somethings up here! I keep returning to the same posts time after time.

Dafydd.

Collapse -
not just the Hillbillies
by Roger NC / March 22, 2013 9:02 AM PDT
Collapse -
Interesting.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / March 22, 2013 9:17 AM PDT

Here in the UK we have a law that says that if I run a gamebird over and stop to plck it up I commit an offence. Yet the bloke behind me can pick it up no probs.
That's the Brits for you.

Dafyd.

Collapse -
As far as I know
by TONI H / March 22, 2013 9:36 PM PDT
In reply to: Interesting.

here in VA, if you hit a deer, and immediately call the State Highway Patrol, they have connections to get a charitable organization to the scene to field dress and take the deer away to give the meat to homeless shelters, etc. Perhaps they do it with wild turkeys and bear as well, but I'm not sure.

Collapse -
Use to be in NC, years ago, prisons
by Roger NC / March 22, 2013 10:35 PM PDT
In reply to: As far as I know

got most of the deer road kill, or so I always heard.

Then as liabilities for everything got worse, they stopped it.

I've heard of individuals that hauled the animal off after that, but even that was stopped I think, supposely as a public health measure. I can't see if an individual wants to take the risk it's any different than when they eat what they hunt. I can see given how lawsuits exploded that organizations, even government ones, might not want to take any risks.

At least that's the way the story went, I never looked it up. Heck, that was back before the internet exploded anyway.

Collapse -
If you run over a cop
by James Denison / March 23, 2013 5:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Interesting.

Are you also supposed to leave the cop there till another driver comes along to "pick him up". An odd principle indeed.

Collapse -
Sure, why not?.
by JP Bill / March 23, 2013 5:48 AM PDT
In reply to: If you run over a cop
Are you also supposed to leave the cop there till another driver comes along to "pick him up".

You don't want to move him, in case you cause further injuries, the "another driver" would be an ambulance driver.
Collapse -
(NT) so you equate cops with roadkill animals
by Roger NC / March 23, 2013 6:17 AM PDT
Collapse -
If you run over a cop.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / March 23, 2013 7:39 AM PDT

No. Drive around full circle 'till you're behind him and then pick him up.
Wash thouroughly before eating.

Dafydd.

Collapse -
lol, good answer
by James Denison / March 23, 2013 7:48 AM PDT
In reply to: If you run over a cop.
Laugh
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.