Internet Service Providers forum

General discussion

PeoplePC~Internet Service

by Misty020508 / March 28, 2005 6:36 AM PST

Hello,

Does anyone know anything about PeoplePC? I seen an ad that was $5.97 a month for 3 months and then $10.97 a month after that. Does anyone know how long I would need to be a subscriber to get the first 3 months at that price (6 months?...)?

Thanks for any help!

Misty

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PeoplePC~Internet Service
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PeoplePC~Internet Service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
If you agree to a contract. . .
by Coryphaeus / March 30, 2005 12:03 AM PST
Collapse -
People PC
by phil66 / March 30, 2005 4:28 AM PST

HI Misty

I started to down People PC but 3/4 of the way into the application they wanted me to give my bank account number and routing info. Not my idea of the proper way to handle an account.

After uninstalling there hook-up it took me a couple of weeks to clear my registry of all of the entries they imposed on me.

In my opinion not a good ISP regardless of the price.

Collapse -
What payment method?
by Willy / April 3, 2005 6:28 PM PDT
In reply to: People PC

If they wanted that bank info, I can only suppose you were paying by "checking acct"? If so, that's not unusual, it required if payment is done that way. Of course using credit card is simplier. just my 2-cents -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
If your using Dial Up - People PC is a deal !
by rguy1 / May 26, 2005 9:53 AM PDT

People PC isn't a bad internet service and in my opinion a a lot better service than any other 10 dollar a month service. The fact is their is no pop up ads or any other kind of advertising such as aol and you do not recieve any kind of spam. Generally I can be dialed in and have my targeted site upon before aol loads its opening content at 40 percent of the cost. I admit it's not the fatest service I've ever used but it's no worse of a service than I recieved from MSN and a lot better than the AOL service I've used on other peoples computers. The ATT service I used seemed to be a bit faster. Dialing into the service has never been a problem for my area. I think we have 3 numbers for my city. Of course you have the option of paying through a credit card or your bank account. Giving out your bank data isn't necessary if your using a credit card. Plus they offer incentives for signing up friends ! I think the current promotion is 30 dollars per person. I think many companies are offering high speed dial up for around 24 dollars and our local cable is offering cable internet for 30 bucks but if your looking for a good low cost solution , People PC has been a fairly good service and well worth 10 dollars a month. Also their's going to be an upgrade real soon that will allow you access to more than one email account. I've been a member for over three years and I certainly wouldn''t use aol over it ! Nor will many of my friends that I've signed up to people pc with out asking for the promotion fees.

Collapse -
PeoplePC has hoards of unsatisfied customers
by chimayy / May 7, 2005 1:34 AM PDT

Check out some of the customer reviews of PeoplePC on various sites. Many users say their service is horrible. Lots of people have trouble connecting. Customer service costs $1.95 per minute! Also, you must use their proprietary, buggy software to dial in.

Collapse -
Only one problem I've seen
by MG4721 / June 13, 2005 4:56 AM PDT

While browsing the internet to see reviews on this service, the one big complaint is the cancelation service. Apparently, they give you a number in your contract to call (which works, I've tried it) and then they give you a cancellation number (which is also told of in the contract) and you give them your cancellation number. Others online have said that after one cancels, they keep charging, but I would think that if you either file a complaint with your credit card, or you call to confirm your cancelation, this problem can be solved. As for pop up ads, I've been using the service for awhile and I think that the ads are from your Internet browser, rather than the ISP itself. If all else fails, call a consumer help center... Hope it helps.

Collapse -
hi Misty!
by PimpJuice77 / February 9, 2007 12:05 PM PST

that deal only last for a limitted period of time how ever you can re apply for that promo, trust me... you'll love peoplepc as they have more that 14.000 local access numbers, 700 area codes available in all 49 states not to mention the Smart Dialer really works as it automatically connects you to a less congested local access number for a faster and stable connection.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.