Computer Help forum

General discussion

Pegatron manual

by kputem / January 21, 2010 4:11 AM PST

My computer has a Pegatron M2N68-LA motherboard.

I would like to download a manual for it, but can't find one. There's nothing on the Pegatron website, and a lot of Googling has found nothing.

Does anyone know if there are manuals available, and, if there are, where to download them from?

Many thanks for any help.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Pegatron manual
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Pegatron manual
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Eliteprototype / January 22, 2010 10:22 AM PST
In reply to: Pegatron manual

Well what kind of manuel are you looking for exactly?

Collapse -
Pegatron manual
by kputem / January 22, 2010 10:30 PM PST
In reply to: Welll..

The motherboard's manufacturer usually supplies a manual giving details of the motherboard, so that it can be set up, or its settings changed, to suit the user. I have found this to be extremely useful in the past, when wanting to add cards, drives, disconnect internal graphics and sound chips, look at the BIOS settings, and so on.

The motherboard which is installed in this computer has not been supplied with any instructions. That is why I am asking if it is possible to download its manual from somewhere.

I gave the name and number of the motherboard in my original posting.

Hope this answers your question.

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2010 1:04 AM PST
In reply to: Pegatron manual

But you can google it and see if it pops up.

What I'm going to comment in is that this might be in some HP machine which that model number could find the details you want. But leaving out such a detail may hamper the search.

Be aware that HP and other makers tend to not issue such manuals and same goes for the board maker. They didn't sell you the board so they only gave HP or such the manuals.

Collapse -
RE: unlikely
by kputem / January 24, 2010 7:26 PM PST
In reply to: Unlikely.

Thanks for your reply.

I have spent ages googling for a downloadable manual, (both giving the model number and omitting it), but can't find anything.

Fortunately, I have found some basics for the motherboard on the HP site - layout and some "how to do it". So I will have to make do with that.

I didn't expect that HP would provide a motherboard manual with the computer, that's why I was looking for a downloadable version.

Cheers and thanks again.

Collapse -
Glad you found something.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 24, 2010 10:57 PM PST
In reply to: RE: unlikely

But my comment is that if it was a HP the model number along with your above information could help others help you. I've learned to ask for that detail to save me time.

Collapse -
Re: Glad you found something
by kputem / January 26, 2010 11:22 PM PST
Collapse -
No that didn't answer my question.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 27, 2010 12:50 AM PST

Sorry if I be blunt here. I asked which HP machine this was in. If you acquired just the board, that is not in your story. To help others help you, provide the story, the HP machine it come with as what you expect the manual to answer. That is, what is the real question.

The reason I asked is that someone went down this road and after it was all done they began to ask how to connect up wires to some other case. For that, the manual was useless.

Collapse -
by kputem / January 27, 2010 1:09 AM PST

Sorry, Bob, I mis-understood you. The machine is an HP P6206uk. It's the first that I haven't built myself (I'm too old now!) or had built for me. So, I've been used to having a manual. Let me know if there's any more information I should give. Cheers. Keith

Collapse -
There may be no manual. So let me ask
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 27, 2010 1:22 AM PST
In reply to: Apologies!

The HP, Sony and other machines may not have a motherboard manual. HP and others have a pact with some supplier to make a board for a price and it may be a variation on another board. If you just want a manual, it may never be found as HP may elect to not pay for it to be written to cut costs.

Ok, no manual. Back to the question I asked. What are you trying to fix that needs this manual?

And try this. Look at the models that are close to that board from that maker.

Collapse -
Re: There may be no manual. So let me ask
by kputem / January 27, 2010 2:40 AM PST

I'm not going to do anything in the near future.

But, before too long, I may replace the on-board graphics and sound chips with separate cards.

There's not a lot I can do until the HP warranty has expired.

Collapse -
Now that helps.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 27, 2010 3:22 AM PST

Here's the usual.

1. Graphics card replacement.

I like this list ->,2491.html
I also installed a Nvidia 220 1G card yesterday that didn't tap the power supply too hard. The entire quad core machine with that card bare tips the P3 Watt meter at 120 Watts. So the 350 Watt power supply in that machine is not being replaced.

2. Sound card.

I'll debate if there are any gains on that. In fact since the audio is piped over HDMI the onboard or PCIe fancy sound card is not used. Maybe this is a no upgrade zone?

Hope this helps.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Coming soon

Get behind the wheel with Roadshow

Love cars? Climb into the driver's seat for the latest videos, reviews, shopping advice and picks by our editors delivered to your inbox every week.