Phones forum

General discussion

PDA to PC Screen -- Senior Moment

by WildClay / June 8, 2010 6:56 AM PDT

While hunting for another utility for my HP iPaq 111 (WM 6.0) I saw a product that said it would let you see (I think control also) your PDA screens/apps with an ethernet or WiFi connection in your LAN / Home network. Since that was not what I was looking for I moved on.

Now I see a potential use and have hunted cnet downloads (where I saw it the first time) by every search criteria I can think of and can't find it, the senior moment is my inability to remember something I saw 2 days ago...

Anyone know of such a product? (as in the name of vendor)

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PDA to PC Screen -- Senior Moment
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PDA to PC Screen -- Senior Moment
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by John.Wilkinson / June 8, 2010 10:30 PM PDT

I use/recommend Pocket Controller Pro, a solid option that includes one year's worth of free updates and excellent technical support. There's a free trial available, so give it a good run for its money before making the decision to dole out some of yours. Happy

Hope this helps,

Collapse -
That was it!! Perfect, Thank you
by WildClay / June 9, 2010 12:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Sure...

That was what I saw, same product, thanks for the link and name, I will give it a good run before buying, but if it does what it says it does, then I will be all set.

Collapse -
I do that for free on Windows Mobile.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 9, 2010 12:40 AM PDT
Collapse -
Thanks Bob
by WildClay / June 9, 2010 9:40 AM PDT

Looks like I have two to try out this weekend, you guys have been great!

Thanks again, I will post what I eneded up with.

Collapse -
PS. What WM PDA I've used that on.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 9, 2010 10:02 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks Bob

iPaq 211 WM 6.0 is the closest model to your 111. In the collection is the HTC Touch Pro 2 WM 6.5 along with Treo 700wx, ipaq rx3115 and Pharos m619.

Why so many? I write the apps.

Collapse -
Who needs an excuse for cool toys :)
by WildClay / June 10, 2010 9:11 AM PDT

That is a lot of PDA's, I spend the first half of my career as a programmer and then had a lobotomy so I could move in to management.

I still develop but mostly for things I want, except on PIC microcontrollers were I develop custom apps/control circuits, usually for very one-off type applications (will never make me rich :).

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.