i am conducting a research study on the efficiency of PDA phones in the clinical assessment and management of care for patients. i'm looking for PDA experts who can validate my questionnaire for its FACE VALIDITY,CONTENT VALIDITY AND CONSTRUCT VALIDITY.
QUESTION No. 1
Socio-Demographic Profile of Respondents
Please state your answer by writing legibly on the space provided or by ticking (/) your choice of answer.
1. Name: (Optional):______________________________
2. Age: ________________________________________
3. Gender: ( ) Female ( ) Male
4. Marital Status: ( ) Single ( ) Married ( ) Widow ( ) Separated
5. Duration of stay in the Hospital (in years): ___________
6. Ward designation ______________________________
QUESTION No. 2
Nature or status of PDA utilization of the respondents
A.FREQUENCY OF USE
Direction: Choose from the following options the statement that signifies your judgment on the frequency of use of the PDA based from your experience. Please state your answer by ticking (/) your choice of answer. Your answer will be kept confidential and there is no right or wrong.
A. Purposes of Use
2. Journal abstract viewing
3. Coding and documentation
4. Drug reference
5. Formulary reference
6. Medical Calculators
7. Image viewing
8. Laboratory reference
9. Practice guidelines
10. Wireless web browsing
11. Electronic Medical Record
12. Electronic Prescribing
13. Electronic books or references
14. Laboratory ordering
15. Results retrieval and tracking
16. Procedure logs
18. Personal Organizer
B. PROBLEMS AND BARRIERS
Direction: Choose from the following options the problems and barriers that you encountered with the use of PDA. Please state your answer by ticking (/) your choice of answer. Your answer will be kept confidential and there is no right or wrong.
A.Problems and Barriers in the Use of PDA
C.1 Personal Factors
1.Large fingers are too big for the buttons
2.Poor eyesight cannot read small fonts
3.Forgot to carry the device due to memory problem associated with age
4.Not comfortable with the device or technology
5.Dependency or over-reliance on the device
C.2 Non-integrated EMRs
1.Hospital does not have hospital electronic patient record system to allow direct entry and access of patient data
C.3 Physical Design
1.Small size and can be easily lost
2.Small screen to view the files
3.Limited battery power
5.Unease with data entry using graffiti
1.Malfunctioning of the device that are no longer under warranty provide additional charge for the user for the repair cost
C.5 Delicate Devices
1.Limited use of the device to avoid damaging due to perceived fragility
1.Unauthorized access to data and applications
2.Illegal interception or tapping of information in transit
3.Unauthorized retrieval of stored data from the device
4.Potential cost of replacement following lost or theft of the device
C.7 Technical Difficulties
1.Cumbersome modem cards
3.Difficulty in gaining internet access at times
4.Difficulty in synchronization with computers
5.Unavailable features or applications
C.8 Organizational Barriers
1.Lack of institutional support and concerns about legal issues
2.It?s preferable to write notes on paper rather than on PDAs
3.Lack of motivation to spend extra money to get additional hardware/software for some particular functions or applications
QUESTION No. 3
Level of efficiency of using PDA Phone in dealing with the following aspects of care
Direction: Please check the option that corresponds to what is true to you. Your answer will be kept confidential and there is no right or wrong.
4- Strongly Agree
3- Moderately Agree
2- Slightly Disagree
A. CLINICAL ASSESSMENT
A1. Assessment and Storage of Patient data
1. General information coming from a new patient is easily generated with the use of PDA Phone.
2. The clinical management programs in the system are user friendly.
3. PDA phone has its large memory capacity that enables me to store the necessary information about patient?s past medical
history, personal/social/environmental history, sexual history, and family
4. It is easy to list all medications, both current and past, prescribed to patient
5. It is easy to retrieve past medical information of old patient handled with the use of PDA
B. MANAGEMENT OF CARE
B2.Usage and Implementation of Standard Medical Guidelines on Individual Patient Care 4 3 2 1
1. It enables me to do all necessary physical examination to patient following the guidelines provided by the software.
2 . It is easy to list the tests and examination needed to be done to patient in an orderly manner.
3. It allows me to perform basic medical interventions (hand washing, feeding, catheterization, IV insertion, postural drainage, wound cleaning, suturing, and etc.) with ease.
4. Writing medical orders using the PDA phone saves time and is more efficient than the ?pen-paper? method
5. It aids me to understand and make use of frequent medical abbreviations and terms in the hospital
B3. Effects of Clinical decision-based support tools on Effective Patient Care and Documentation
1. It leads me to arrive at a proper and accurate clinical diagnosis and impression
2. It is not complicated to set with proper short term and long term objectives
3. It is easy to give appropriate and immediate medical interventions
4 . It is easy to triage patients
5. Proper referral is much easier using the Clinical Decision Support System technology (PDA phones)
QUESTION No. 4
Comparison of the efficiency of using PDA phones from usual work setting of the following aspects of care
Direction: Please check the option that corresponds to what is true to you. Your answer will be kept confidential and there is no right or wrong answer.
4- Strongly Agree
3- Moderately Agree
2- Slightly Disagree
1. It is more efficient to ask all necessary personal information (general information) to new patient using the PDA phones
2. System programs are user friendly particularly the set of questions to be asked for a newly admitted patient
3. Patient?s past medical history, personal/social/environmental history, sexual history, and family history are readily programmed in the system thus decreases workload for encoding information manually
4. Medication information, both current and past, can be easily accessed using the PDA phones
5. Past medical information of old patient handled with the use of PDA are easily retrieved and organized systematically in the PDA phone program
Standard Medical Guidelines
1. Physical examination to the patient can be easily implemented as it can be visually encoded within the PDA phone
2. The list of tests and examination needed to be done to the patient is listed in an orderly manner
3. Writing medical orders using the PDA phone saves times and is more efficient than the ?pen-paper? method
4. Understanding the use of frequent medical abbreviations and terms in the hospital can be readily familiarized as they are standardized in the system
Clinical decision-based support tools
1. Clinical diagnosis and impression can be accurately arrived at by the use of PDA phones since the focus is centered at the patient rather than the recording itself.
2. Proper short term and long term objectives of care can be easily implemented and programmed within the PDA phone as a Clinical Decision Support System tool
3. Immediate medical interventions can be given by the use of the PDA phone since the focus is centered at the patient rather than the recording of needed documents itself.
4. PDA phones, as a Clinical Decision Support System technology can be utilized and effectively used in the proper referral of patient.
Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps
The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.