Samsung

General discussion

PC Share Manager download for Windows 7

by kmeekings / January 2, 2011 7:49 PM PST

I just bought a SAMSUNG home cinema system HT-C6500. I got it specifically becuase of it's net work capabilities and tried to link it to my home PC which is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. HORROR! No download seems to be available from Samsung. I can't believe it. The product was launched after Windows 7 came to market! There must be a work around. Can anyone help me?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PC Share Manager download for Windows 7
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PC Share Manager download for Windows 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Running on Windows 7
by roadgiant / January 6, 2011 8:00 AM PST

I have just downloaded PC Share Manager from here :- http://support-us.samsung.com takes a bit of digging to find it, and I have it running perfectly on Windows 7 32 Bit

Collapse -
32 bit software garbage
by 64win7server / January 7, 2011 10:23 AM PST
In reply to: Running on Windows 7

The Samsung download for PC Share Manager is available from Samsung in Vista 32 bit version only according to Samsung. The Vista 32 bit OS version evidently must also work with Windows 7 32 bit OS. I now have the Samsung PC Share Manager working in compatability mode in Windows 7 64 bit OS. The Share Manager seems to work and I have been able to access the files on my PC from the Samsung. The Share Manager did not automatically keep current with the contents on the PC and had to be manually refreshed. The application appears to have a very very strange user interface program library on my computer and I wonder if that is normal. I would like to find a standard way to allow the Samsung to share the files on my PC without using the Samsung software.

Collapse -
Use Windows Media Player not Samsung PC Share Manager
by 64win7server / January 7, 2011 12:09 PM PST

I have found the Windows Media Player can be configured to make media files available to the Samsung. I can see two entries on my Samsung now. One entry is for the computer name and one is for the PC Share Manager. They both seem to work fine although I prefer the Windows Media Player. Just configure the player under Options / Library to make the files available to any computer on the network. My computer and the Samsung BD-C7500 both have WiFi and also communicate with my Access Point to the internet. The Samsung has no trouble finding some DivX files in the Library or the Media Player.

Collapse -
PC Share Manager Download for Windows 7
by kmeekings / January 7, 2011 5:34 PM PST

Thanks to all. I finally downloaded the XP/Vista version and found out that it works OK. But aas said in a previous post it needs to be manually refreshed to update the content on the Samsung device.
thanks
K

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.