Phones forum

General discussion

PC can't connect to/with phone

by macheholder / February 10, 2009 2:00 AM PST

I've A Samsung SGH J-700 (slide modle) everything worked fine for the last 6 months since I've had the unit I'm the only owner from the store,in December I bought a 2gig SD card after an month the unit stopped reading the SD card then in January the unit can't connect to/with the software the phone came with,when the phone is pluged into the PC it displays "One of your USB driver is not functioning properly" there are 2 USB ports to the front and 2 USB ports to the back that shows this ,I also have an external 4 port USB hub onto the system when the phone,data cable is connected to any of the the ports "One of your USB driver is not functioning properly" where to get drivers for my problems if that is the problem ,what could be done before I make the phone a UFO
Time of this report: 2/10/2009, 13:27:21

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3
System Model: KM266A-8237
Processor: Turbo 3400+X Comb Featuring VIG4 Sempron 2200+, MMX,3DNow, ~1.5GHz
Memory: 1536MB RAM DDR1
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000
Manufacturer: NVIDIA

USB Device
4 port adapter

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PC can't connect to/with phone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PC can't connect to/with phone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Trouble shoot one thing at a time and begin with the SD card
by WiredNot / February 10, 2009 2:47 AM PST

Hi macheholder,

It can be very difficult, if not impossible, to try to troubleshoot multiple problems at the same time---especially if they are interrelated. So I recommend starting with the memory card problem first since it involves just the phone and not the computer. If you fix it, it may also fix the computer problem. (My LG Voyager depends upon a properly working microSD card in order for my phone to communicate with a computer via USB.)

First, have you ever removed the memory card from the phone since you installed it? If you have, and especically if you connect it directly to your computer, then it may have been corrupted or it may have data or folders on it that your phone can't handle and are causing it to error.

Begin by reformatting your SD card. If you have data on it that you cannot afford to lose, then you'll need to copy it with another computer first. When you reformat the card, make sure you do it WITH YOUR PHONE. Don't reformat it with your computer or another device---EVER! If you were successful at reformatting the card with your phone, test it and see if it works again.

If the SD card can't be reformatted, then take your phone to your service provider and have then check it to make sure that the phone is okay and can format and use another SD card. If it can, then your present card is defective and you'll need to replace it.

After your SD card is working (or you've replaced it), then you can move on to troubleshooting the connection with your computer. When you do, you should connect your phone directly to the computer. Do NOT use a USB hub. You need to get the communication working again before you reintroduce additional objects into the path like the USB hub---it could be the problem.

You should work with your service provider for assistance with troubleshooting the communcation. Their support staff should have more experience.

Best regards, WiredNot

Collapse -
Trouble shoot one thing at a time and begin with the SD ca
by macheholder / February 10, 2009 10:10 AM PST

OK ,WiredNot,we'll try one thing at a time,yes-I've removed the SD card and yes I've saved a file that the phone could not open but the Computer could but it never errored and that file had been deleted with no problem.Two things ,the SD card was already reformated with my computer ,then I had used another Samsung 250 to re-format and it worked just fine in that phone,with your help I've singled out some problems>: The micro SD card is a problem ,the Samsung D600 cannot read or write or format to it ,that's one,I've used another micro SD card 1gig but the MY J-700 is not reading that one either,everything works otherwise in my J700 but I just have to introduce the phone to the wall at high velocity or give it to some-one who needs doesn't need to use the expandeble memory but after I get the J900 or some other slid unit.When I bought it in England in July 2008 it did look like it had been there for some time,oh well just have to get me another one,THANK YOU and Best regards, WiredNot

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.