- Where are those files or pics you can't paste (the source)?
- And where to you want to paste to (the target)?
- And how exactly do you do it?
- And what's the exact error message?
- It seems to me that copying a read only file to, say, your My Documents folder should work as long as you have read access to the file (can open it) and write access to My Documents (so can save a file into it from Word or Notepad). So it's a somewhat strange message.
Can you copy/paste text in a simple Notepad document? Then the paste function works, but not under some circumstances. Your post is not detailed enough to find tell.
I'm usuing Windows 7 with IE 9 & for the past month or so the paste function doesn't work for any applications. I've noticed that whenever I now try to copy a pic or file I'm always locked out of those pics or files 'cause they're read only. I try to allow read / write but it always defaults back to read only before I can paste. I've been trying to find a way to authorize read / write through administrator but am having no luck. I don't know if this is a problem with my HP desktop, Windows 7, IE 9 or any of the applications I have on my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated